Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my new model wooldridge pictures

Default my new model wooldridge pictures

stopped in at Wooldridge to check out progress on my new boat and took a couple pictures this is a new model jet boat they are coming out with this will be #2 of this model but the 2 boats differ a lot but have same basic boat hull here are a couple specs I got from grant
    21' long
    12 deg. dead rise @ transom 18 deg.@ bow
    full 30 " sides
    7'4" bottom
    8'10" beam
    12" gunnel with storage galore
    Wooldridge tunnel hull
    250 Yamaha jet
    9.9 Yamaha kicker
    center council
    3 bay storage in transom
    deck lighting
    there are 2 storage compartments up front and 2 10'6" storage boxes in gunnel for rods I went with one rod locker on port and a fish box in rear starboard section and storage in front half of gunnel this boat also has a hot water sink in port rear corner and 9"x9"x30" fish bleeder hole in the rear starboard gunnel so you put fish in head first after cutting gills and get complete bleeds out

Default last couple pics

here is last couple pictures more to come as build progresses

Awesome!! Keep the pics coming!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Hey,

Truly excited for you. I can truly relate, as it wasn't but a few months ago that I was in your shoes. It's really exciting to watch it all come together. Make sure Danny sends you tons of pics. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

I live 30 minutes from Wooldridge so between my stops and pics they send there should be plenty to come

They are great folks there and they stand behind their product. I have a 1993 Wooly Xtra Plus and when I have treated her a little rough, they were always willing to fix her and at no charge. They told me they like looking at the older models like mine to determine what worked, what didn't and what they can do to improve later models. Glen and the crew are great!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Glad to see they are started on your boat willie, I was there the day it was started, just the bottom was laid out in the AM. This is a completely new model for them I don't think they have announced a name for it on the website yet, there is a a few pics of the 1st completed one on their instagram page.http://instagram.com/p/vpICqgG7ma/?modal=true

I looked at this one in Nov on the way deer hunting, this boat should work great for the places you like to fish. When they build a windshield model it may get some attention up here, with all the room and ability to run big water and shallow rivers. When you look at the specs 7ft 4 bottom and 8'10 beam, 30 inch sides that's a big ob jet boat!!!!!!! Keep the pics coming!

Yes when I asked grant about it they are going to offer this boat inboard if you look on the website the coming soon inboard model is this boat with inboard I'm so excited to see mine with the new style gunnel door lids and center council I'm going to the show just to see the first boat totally rigged I saw it the day before it shipped but it had no motors yet this new design are all about fishing conveniences and being able fish rivers big and small

Wider SSD?
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Nope if you match specs there are a lot of differences that is why they are naming it something totally different than ssd because they don't want people to assume that is just another ssd model

I didn't see any specs at the WB site, do you have the link? Pretty exciting.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Paul its a totally new model 4 inch wider beam and 4 wider bottom as well. I think when they get the upcoming shows out of the way you will see some on the water pics and a listing on the web page.

listed some of the specs in my original post when I go down to wb Tuesday or Wednesday I will talk to grant about when an actual sheet will be done and get it posted

Quote Originally Posted by JetbtnOrson View Post
    listed some of the specs in my original post when I go down to wb Tuesday or Wednesday I will talk to grant about when an actual sheet will be done and get it posted
    Sorry, I kinda glossed over those. I did glean enough that it seemed to me it was essentially a wider SSD, hence my question. Not that it's a bad thing, a wider SSD is just more of a good thing. I love my Sport, which is only 72" bottom width. The Sport Drifter and then the SSD were just natural progressions. I can just imagine how much better this wider boat would perform with a inboard V8 and a 212 in it. Now that it is getting that much wider, will the lads at WB be making the windshield a 3 piece with center opening rather than the old 2 piece?
    How about naming it the Super Duper Drifter? Or not......
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

IDK about windshields I'll ask about it and report when I post next set of pics.I assume a wider ssd would be as much fun to drive as you predict I have been in a ssd a couple times and it is a wonderful boat to be in fishing/sleeping/ride wider and more storage would be mind blowing

talked to grant says that 2 piece windshield is standard and 3 piece is optional

The boat we are building for Willy, we have named it the Sportster, which is a new hull design inspired by the Columbia River.
    My Portland dealer asked us for an aggressive jet boat for the local jet boat rivers that could also cross over for the Columbia Buoy 10 fishery. First, we increased the Vee to 12° like our Inboard jet model made for the riding in bigger water without compromising aggressive, shallow-water running with an outboard. Second, we kept our exclusive jet tunnel. Third, we made the bottom 7’4” for stability, room and to float in less water. Fourth, we put 30” high sides and large gunnel rod lockers with additional trays.
    The Sportster is made for the Guide and Sportsman who’s looking for a shallow water jet boat he can also use in large water fisheries. Glen

This is a 21' that was built for Portland Marine Electronics. It will be in the Portland Boat Show starting January 7th.

That's a good looking boat! Do you know a weight on the sportster Glenn? Would a guy be able to step the boat with 5 people and fishing gear with a 50hp prop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    That's a good looking boat! Do you know a weight on the sportster Glenn? Would a guy be able to step the boat with 5 people and fishing gear with a 50hp prop?
    The weight of the open boat is 1,805lbs. The wide bottom would help the motor get a load on step, but the Alaskan XL would be much better for the 50hp. Here's a couple pictures of the first one we built. I will post a spec sheet when we finish it. Glen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast