Thread: Can you see him?

Default Can you see him?

I was hoping to be able to load the photo large enough to look at & make it a little bit fun. There have been lots of serious (and interesting) threads- this one isn't one of those. I take tons of photos when we go out & this year I got lots of moose shots, although we saw less of them than in prior years. Every year, I am in awe at how these big guys can just vanish from sight (and again at how anoher one just stands there in the open). Anyhow, I know that seeing them with your eyes is vastly different than a photo- but just for fun.... do you see him right away or does it take awhile?
    DSC_0573.jpg

right away.

on the skyline middle of picture??? instantly

I don't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberman View Post
    on the skyline middle of picture??? instantly
    my thoughts - antlers/ears, facing dead on.... hard to say though!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Yeah, skylined, center of pic. If you're going to do things like this, you need to off-set the subject.

Right away. Even from my tiny iPhone screen.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

49.5 in. Don't shoot
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by jubilation View Post
    I was hoping to be able to load the photo large enough to look at & make it a little bit fun. There have been lots of serious (and interesting) threads- this one isn't one of those. I take tons of photos when we go out & this year I got lots of moose shots, although we saw less of them than in prior years. Every year, I am in awe at how these big guys can just vanish from sight (and again at how anoher one just stands there in the open). Anyhow, I know that seeing them with your eyes is vastly different than a photo- but just for fun.... do you see him right away or does it take awhile?
    DSC_0573.jpg
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the lower left hand side of the picture in the trees where your camera is out of focus. I see the antler shaped image in the center of the pic (on the skyline) everyone else is pointing out, but I'm guessing that you are trying to trick everyone.

My guess is lower right to that big tree in the middle of the photo. Dont think the skyline shape is a moose. Looks like one of those things it makes your heart skip a beat until you put the binos on it.

Skeeters played heck with his bare nose
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I can see more than one tiny pixelated brown smudge which I can imagine might hide a moose, but I have to admit that at this resolution I can't see him.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

upclose.jpgThanks for playing! =) The zoomed image is pretty horrid, as the original wasn't pretty either - but yeah, he is skylined- looking right at us. I love going out spotting moose! When I originally posted, I should have off centered him & all of that good stuff- been a little trickier I guess. But, I couldn't figure out how to edit my pix after I posted. As usual, one of those 'something just looks strange' moments & the big ole' ears give it away.