Thread: pollock eater!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default pollock eater!

This white king had some pollock for breakfast, then went for one of my little green herring for lunch, shown in on table for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    This white king had some pollock for breakfast, then went for one of my little green herring for lunch, shown in on table for comparison.
    Thats awesome! I sure wish they would take up pollock in there diet around here. seems at some times the pollock can be overwhelming if your a troller.. 4 trays of bait for a couple kings gets to suck fast..

Are they single pollock or balls of em? In the spring away from the capes in the bays we get hit with rogue pollock, seems on the capes they are in balls and rarely bite our baits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Thats awesome! I sure wish they would take up pollock in there diet around here. seems at some times the pollock can be overwhelming if your a troller.. 4 trays of bait for a couple kings gets to suck fast..
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Are they single pollock or balls of em? In the spring away from the capes in the bays we get hit with rogue pollock, seems on the capes they are in balls and rarely bite our baits.
    Well.. I guess it seems like balls of them?? some body else will probably chime in on the topic aswell, but for us it's ether were in the pollock or were not, hardly ever catch a single. after about the 3rd triple i know its time to switch grounds or will be burning bait.. However!!! We did start our new pollock seine fishery here in the bay! That should be a good conversation starter Keep those King pics coming KC!!They help me to not forget what large Kings look like.. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    I caught one in the islands that had 5 or 6 either pollock or cod- about 4-6 inches. Took a pic and tried to upload it but for some reason I could not- maybe it's because I am new on the site and have only a few posts? First time I've seen that here in Homer.

Man, you throw down some absolute hawgs! Herd some of those rascals north would us! Don't want em to clear out all of your pollock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jeff, clear your PM's.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

All clear, landed one of 2 today empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by abel View Post
    hey jeff, clear your pm's.
    www.kodiakcombos.com