Thread: Looking for a gun.

Default Looking for a gun.

I need a good bear gun anyone here have one for sale or that can point me in the right direction?

375 Ruger Alaskan

ever heard of the 375 H&H? thats a good bear calibre

I just hope that that new .375 Ruger drives down the prices on the old, out of date .375H&H.

It should be apparent to all shooters that unless it's a new design, it will not work.

Just think about the joy you will have when the airline looses your ammo and you have to get more at the village store. This is where you will find all the latest ammo the manufacturers have to offer.

Can't happen to you? That's what I use to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I just hope that that new .375 Ruger drives down the prices on the old, out of date .375H&H.

It should be apparent to all shooters that unless it's a new design, it will not work.

Just think about the joy you will have when the airline looses your ammo and you have to get more at the village store. This is where you will find all the latest ammo the manufacturers have to offer.

Can't happen to you? That's what I use to think.
    Is that not the truth, you said a mouth full there, yep, you are right.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default flying and hunting

I have not lost ammo while flying. I have lost 2 rifles but the ammo trouble is mute then. I am with you on that and it is the reason my "travel" guns are a .30'06 and a 375 H&H. Also now adays I ship my ammo and other stuff well ahead and know it is there before I leave. I have hunted with some who have a FFL and ship my rifle ahead as well. I just plain hate to fly anyway.

Well then you just have not had the pleasure of flying with Alaska Airlines.

If it is possible to loose ammo, they can figure out away. Never let it be said that the "On Time Airline" does not try harder.

"You can't really called it lost if it shows up" Well that is a true statement. Just cause it was some weeks after you were back home trying to get your blood pressure under control does not count as lost.

My all time favorite was "but it was not properly marked on the container".
    That was hard to come up with an answer for, as I had let the airline mark and label the container (I thought that would work).

"That's why my travel guns are the 30-06 and the .375H&H" In that I can only fault you by saying, Great minds think alike! You stole my THUNDER!