Thread: What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

Default What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
    Is this the original "X" bullet? I'm not aware of a TSX or TTSX offering in a .416 325 grain.

I can't imagine an AK animal that could shake off a 325 grain X should that strike your fancy. I've crimped the original X and the XLC using a Lee Factory Crimp die with much success. The TSX and TTSX are more crimp tolerant using any of the rings as a crimp ring.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
    They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thank You.........

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.

I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. Since my last post I looked at my inventory and the last price tag (some 12 years ago) shows I paid $49 for the .338's, so I was a bit low.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist