Thread: Christmas

Default Christmas

image.jpg
    Anybody have any bow recommendations? I'd like to eventually get a bear along with a chugach sheep if I can ever draw out on one!

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    image.jpg
    Anybody have any bow recommendations? I'd like to eventually get a bear along with a chugach sheep if I can ever draw out on one!
    go in the shop and shot several bows. Pick a couple you like, then go home and research the ones you liked. Everyone has there own opinion on what is best but you are the one hat will be shooting it. I will say Mathews, or if you are trying to keep cost down than go with Mission by Mathews. Others will tell you Bowtech,or Hoyt ( Screaming Eagle doesn't sell Hoyt FYI). Good shopping, and see you in the Shop.

Okay thank you!

The best thing, if you don't have a mentor, is to go to one of the pro shops and talk with the folks there. A good shop will let you shoot a couple different bows. You will find that each brand feels a little different in your hand, so pick what fits you best. The shop will be able to explain the differences between a Long Bow, Recurve, and Compound (if you don't already know). It is easy to drop 2K or more, if money is not an issue. After you have a better idea of what you want, if money is an issue, bows do come up on CL, eBay, AlaskaList, and other sites. Good luck and good hunting.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I ended up getting the mission balistics after trying three other bows that were more pricey and as far as performance it did just fine for me. So I put some sights and a drop down rest on it and then sighted it in. Put close to 200 rounds down range.

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    I ended up getting the mission balistics after trying three other bows that were more pricey and as far as performance it did just fine for me. So I put some sights and a drop down rest on it and then sighted it in. Put close to 200 rounds down range.
    I think you will love that bow. Dollar for dollar that is probably the best bow. I am in the shop often. Right now not so much because I have been moose hunting. But if you ever need help or have questions, ask.

Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    I think you will love that bow. Dollar for dollar that is probably the best bow. I am in the shop often. Right now not so much because I have been moose hunting. But if you ever need help or have questions, ask.
    how much $ are they and wheres the shop at your talking about?
    Semper Fi!

You are going to love the bow! Plan now, I will shoot at least 12 arrows a day for the next 365 days. No weather excuses, no time excuses...do everything you can to at least shoot once a day at any distance, and you will be on your way to that bear!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    how much $ are they and wheres the shop at your talking about?
    I think the price is $499 + all the assessories. And the shop is Screaming Eagle Archery in Wasilla. It is located on Park St. Taking KGB from the Parks Hwy. 3 rd or 4 th street on right.

Ive been shooting about 50 arrows a day since I got it last friday. I even reached out to 40 yards and I'm really loving it so far! Hoping at this rate Ill get a black bear this spring!