Thread: Kelly Hepler going to SD -

I guess Christmas comes 2 days early to Chez Nerka.

But who's in line to succeed him?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Who's in line to succeed him as special projects coordinator or assistant commissioner?

Per the article:

"The current assistant commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game has been named to be the next secretary of the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks."

Wait, I'm confused. I thought he dropped that "working title".

Here's to fluffing up the resume...

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    I guess Christmas comes 2 days early to Chez Nerka.

But who's in line to succeed him?
    Actually Kelly has little impact on me but for the staff, joe fisherman and habitat protection this is a Christmas blessing. Kelly was way too close to KRSA and their perks in my opinion. I hope he does well in South Dakota - he has always wanted to be a Commissioner. With the new Governor that option went south and so is he.

What’s important in replacing Hepler is that they not beanother KRSA surrogate as Hepler was.

Now Ho…Ho…Ho… Please Mr. Santa Walker

• Do not reappoint Karl Johnstone to the BOF… He single handedly ruined the ethical reputation of this Board process.
    • Replace Ben Ellis as the Director of State Parks… He’s a past executive Director of KRSA and does their bidding for them in his position.

Now is the perfect time for the new administration to fireup the sleigh and get this thing started in a new and better direction for thegood of Alaska in regards to our fisheriesresource management. This may not be the end all, but it’s time for the Stateto stop doing whatever Bob Penney and KRSA want them to do.

It looks like Sam is staying. One of our state reps told me that only one group was not happy, but no longer had the pull to block him

Sam is only staying if the joint boards pass on his name. Of course the Governor has the right to say no to whatever names the joint boards pass on ... until they include Sam's name. So will be interesting to see what the upcoming joint boards meeting offers up.

link does not work without subscription smithtb.

Get off your wallet Nerka. JK

The article also had this link:

http://ken-cdn.com/sites/default/fil...10%20-2014.pdf

smithtb's link works fine for me
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Get off your wallet Nerka. JK

The article also had this link:

http://ken-cdn.com/sites/default/fil...10%20-2014.pdf
    I have an e-edition subscription but this is on their update section. Will be online in morning. Anyway, after the update section is used for 5 times it stops letting one on. However, thanks for sending this to me via PM.

Kelly Hepler should have been honest with APOC about his title. The ruling is being appealed and this article should make the APOC reconsider its findings.