Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEXT AMMO Problem......What will it be......???

Default The NEXT AMMO Problem......What will it be......???

As you look into the future ( Say, From tomorrow up to about 5 to 7 years) What do you think could impact the "Availability" of a specific cartridge or cartridges....???

Please......PLEASE.....Leave Rimfire Out of this discussion......

People hoarding it

Quote Originally Posted by Ak-pilot View Post
    People hoarding it
    Bingo.

And the countdown to lock begins....
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

With the SHOT Show coming up next month in Las Vegas, I'd be curious to hear the predictions of those in the industry to the OP's question. Anybody going?

A component shortage of lead based bullets as they are regulated out of existence.

Bingo...that train has already begun to pull out of the station.

YES........That is what, or more accurately one of the things I was think of as the motivation for starting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    A component shortage of lead based bullets as they are regulated out of existence.

And will for sure accelerate over the next 24 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 7STW View Post
    Bingo...that train has already begun to pull out of the station.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Very possible.

We need to fight that. Not, just say, "That's alright, I'll just use the Mono Metal bullets."

Those are just not acceptable for all shooting.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

If I have learned anything over the last 30 months........It is this. You either have it, or you have a nice excuse. Translated: A person either has learned something over the last 30 months, and has decided it is prudent to own ammo for his needs, his childrens needs, and his unborn great-great-great grand children's needs.

Or he can call other people hoarders. Kind of like survival gear, you either got it when you need it.............or you are Zero-Oscar-Lema. (SOL)

I think it is time for people to realize that things are CHANGING fast now. I fail to understand why people feel that for ever and ever there should always be ammo on the shelf at two years go's price.

Ak-pilot: this post was NOT aimed at you. I just strongly feel people need to abandon this whole "HOARDING" thingie. After what has happened over the last 30 months, people need to start being responsible for their families future, and stop blaming Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak-pilot View Post
    People hoarding it

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    If I have learned anything over the last 30 months........It is this. You either have it, or you have a nice excuse. Translated: A person either has learned something over the last 30 months, and has decided it is prudent to own ammo for his needs, his childrens needs, and his unborn great-great-great grand children's needs.

Or he can call other people hoarders. Kind of like survival gear, you either got it when you need it.............or you are Zero-Oscar-Lema. (SOL)

I think it is time for people to realize that things are CHANGING fast now. I fail to understand why people feel that for ever and ever there should always be ammo on the shelf at two years go's price.

Ak-pilot: this post was NOT aimed at you. I just strongly feel people need to abandon this whole "HOARDING" thingie. After what has happened over the last 30 months, people need to start being responsible for their families future, and stop blaming Hoarders.
    Your posts are always confusing to me.

What are you tryin to say??

That we should buy ammo at exorbitant prices? But not call it hoarding?

What exactly, are you advocating?

Instructing us to do?

Why should we listen to you? (We've all been around for the last 30 months too, ya know. )

To what do you owe, your perceived insight?

Sorry to be blunt.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Any time I find something that I use and don't have a big supply on hand I will pick up some extra if I have the spare cash to do so with. It has got hard to find enough stuff to keep just a little ahead much less keep a large amount of anything stockpiled. I bought a extra 50 or 100 bag of brass for every gun I load for about 3 years ago and loaded it for my guns to keep ahead of things. I was going to replace this brass but have been unable to find any of it except one 50 round bag of 6mm. Would love to see the shelves in the gun shops full again at reasonable prices.

AGL, is this just a ploy to get foks ready to pay high prices for all the crap you have for sale right now?

I think you should drink more, or less whiskey.......you pick.

There is a much bigger picture. Globally the world is growing economically. And the countries like China and India are eating up a very large portion of the world's metals. China is building the largest aqua duct in the world. Plus new dams. I dia is.building a large navy as well. Plus their cities are growing. Capitalism abroad has caused a large growth in Mfg and construction. You just can't blame hoarders for everything. I know for fact that Federal has released little to none of its.componets to the market as OEM. Not even talking about reloading components. I am talking components for mfg. Remington and Winchester are pretty much following suit. Remington being the worst of the two. What ever the reason is it i their corporate decision. Hoarders have no impact in those office decisions.
    The plain fact is technology is moving fast and 2nd and 3rd world countries are transforming into 1st and 2nd world countries and that takes various metals and tons of it. I manufacture ammunition for a living.

I think you should do what every you darn well please. And pay me no never'mind.

You can hope and pray all the shelves are over stocked and everything is rolled back to 1952 prices. I have simply noticed that over the last 30 months some people had lots of ammo, and some people found some products elusive.

I know which I want to be 60 months from now. (I hope that was somewhat comprehensible)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Your posts are always confusing to me.

What are you tryin to say??

That we should buy ammo at exorbitant prices? But not call it hoarding?

What exactly, are you advocating?

Instructing us to do?

Why should we listen to you? (We've all been around for the last 30 months too, ya know. )

To what do you owe, your perceived insight?

Sorry to be blunt.

SOTN

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    There is a much bigger picture. Globally the world is growing economically. And the countries like China and India are eating up a very large portion of the world's metals. China is building the largest aqua duct in the world. Plus new dams. I dia is.building a large navy as well. Plus their cities are growing. Capitalism abroad has caused a large growth in Mfg and construction. You just can't blame hoarders for everything. I know for fact that Federal has released little to none of its.componets to the market as OEM. Not even talking about reloading components. I am talking components for mfg. Remington and Winchester are pretty much following suit. Remington being the worst of the two. What ever the reason is it i their corporate decision. Hoarders have no impact in those office decisions.
    The plain fact is technology is moving fast and 2nd and 3rd world countries are transforming into 1st and 2nd world countries and that takes various metals and tons of it. I manufacture ammunition for a living.
    So then why is oil in the tank......even increase production of late would hardly keep up with the increased consumption you are mentioning in the metals market.....what's your source.....and the corner bar doesnt' count ........I've spent a little time in the midwest too

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I think you should do what every you darn well please. And pay me no never'mind.

You can hope and pray all the shelves are over stocked and everything is rolled back to 1952 prices. I have simply noticed that over the last 30 months some people had lots of ammo, and some people found some products elusive.

I know which I want to be 60 months from now. (I hope that was somewhat comprehensible)
    Actually, I had planned on doin as I pleased.

You seem to be bolstering your point, but what is your point ?

Who expects 1952 prices? I expect the prices will rise, as costs go up, just like they always do with any products.

Some prices fluctuate a great deal, like gasoline, for example, even going DOWN. It's possible that ammo prices will dip too, if they are overstocked, but I wouldn't count on it, in the long haul.

Get a TV, and stop living in Panic City mode.

Speaking of "mode" how did you fare with the y2k thing. Were you disappointed?

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

I 100% agree. Plus I just think it is silly and inmature for people to behave like spoiled BRATS. People should STOP blaming people who have ammo and calling them HOARDER.

Now........is the time that 5.56X45mm is cheap and bountiful. It may be cheaper in three years, or it may cost $1.55 per round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post

Well, I don't care if it sells..........seems kind of "PERVERTED" that you are so obsessed about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    AGL, is this just a ploy to get foks ready to pay high prices for all the crap you have for sale right now?

I think you should drink more, or less whiskey.......you pick.

Hoarding: buying all the ammo you can at the store just to resell it for much more. (Kinda like used guns at new prices or more..)
    I'm referring to those "individuals". Buying it for yourself in reasonable amounts is a good idea.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast