Thread: moving to fairbanks

Default moving to fairbanks

So I am pcsing to eilson afb and will be driving up from missouri. I plan on taking it easy and making plenty of stops for pictures with the kids. We will be making this drive in April and was wondering are there and special like must stop to see places on the way? Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by huntinlabs View Post
    So I am pcsing to eilson afb and will be driving up from missouri. I plan on taking it easy and making plenty of stops for pictures with the kids. We will be making this drive in April and was wondering are there and special like must stop to see places on the way? Thanks for any advice
    Liard Hotsprings and a side trip to Skagway were a couple of the highlights from our trip. Might still be a lot of snow that time of year.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Buy the Milepost, take your time, it's a once in a lifetime experience.
    I transferred to Wainwright 30 years ago and still vividly remember the drive and trip.

Don't be in too big of a hurry, and remain flexible, Stop often, Depending on your route, We went up British Columbia and the Frazier River canyon was something else...

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    Buy the Milepost, take your time, it's a once in a lifetime experience.
    I transferred to Wainwright 30 years ago and still vividly remember the drive and trip.

Don't be in too big of a hurry, and remain flexible, Stop often, Depending on your route, We went up British Columbia and the Frazier River canyon was something else...
    ++ What he sez..!

We offer the Milepost at discount price and if you order it by Monday, you can save an additional 15%
    http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/a...country-travel

You will be traveling right thru my little community of Delta Junction on your way to Eielson. Let me know if you need anything.

Have your kids make a nice sign for the Watson Lake sign post forest and check Hyder.

Quote Originally Posted by 450 ktm View Post
    Have your kids make a nice sign for the Watson Lake sign post forest and check Hyder.
    Agree along with llaird hot springs, worth the stop, keep your swim suits handy here.
    Kluane lake is beautiful area, lots of wildlife. Should see some bears out on the side of the road too!
    Watch out for buffalo....seriously, watch out for buffalo and get the milepost.
    Be safe.
    BK

That's early enough that some gas stops may not be open for the summer season yet, plan those carefully, call ahead to the smaller ones and make sure they will be open. Many still don't have credit card readers in the pump so they have to actually be open. It can still be very cold that time of year so make sure everyone is outfitted with GOOD cold weather gear for the trip in case of a break down. You'll use it in Fairbanks anyway, fortunately this time of year that stuff is going on great sales at REI, Cabelas, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk