Thread: Deshka river or x-over trail info?

Palmer, AK.

Default Deshka river or x-over trail info?

Looking to make a run sat morn up the Deshka to the cabin from the landing, just above the weir, mile 11 or so. Could run up the x-over trail to Cruz trail if needed.
    Anyone have any info on river conditions?
    The landing has no info......?!

Was at Deshka Landing last Sunday. Open water right at the mouth of the boat launch. Did not go down Corral Hill to look at where the X-Over Trail starts. But from what I saw at DL, I'm not going on the Big Su until winter arrives (hasn't shown up yet).

maybe go in the cruz trail to the deshka starting from Willow Campground? That way the only water crossing (before the Deshka) is the mouth of willow creek. i don't know anyone yet that has been that way yet.
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

keh: I don't know the current conditions of the Cruz Trail. But your comment about the only water crossing being Willow Creek is not accurate. There are a bunch of channels you cross going through the islands (Delta Islands), before you reach the west side of the Big Su. Last year at this time the Cruz Trail through the Delta Islands was sketchy. Bunch of places with holes with moving water not far from the trail. And it's been warmer this year ...