Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be safe

Default Be safe

Just read on another forum where a guy run out of black powder and cut some 20 ga. shotgun shells open and took the powder out of them to shoot in his muzzle loader. They loaded 75 gr. shotgun powder in a muzzle loader and said it done ok the first shot but took 3 of his fingers off when it blew up the second time it was shot. He was able to get one finger put back on but still lost two fingers. He was a lucky man to not have more damage than he got.

Proof that you can't fix stupid.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    If they are stupid enough stupid seems to about 50% fix itself.

http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/ind...tte-death.html
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    You almost got it right. It's spelled STOOOOOOOOPID.

Kind of like the guy who got the Darwin Award a few years back, not because he got killed, but because he effectively removed himself from the breeding population. Lost the fuse for his headlights, but his alcohol soaked brain realized that a 22LR round was the same length as a fuse. Installed that in his truck and resumed driving. When the round exploded, shards of flying brass ended his gene sharing.

One has to think that at some point during the operation on the shotgun shells a light bulb, even a faint one had to flicker making his brain question what he was about to do. At that point he went from ignorant to way stupid. I knda wish that he had at least shot the first one through a chronograph as I would be interested to know how fast that projectile was a truckin when it came out the hole!

I am sure he has no clue as to what a chronograph is or what it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    You almost got it right. It's spelled STOOOOOOOOPID.

Kind of like the guy who got the Darwin Award a few years back, not because he got killed, but because he effectively removed himself from the breeding population. Lost the fuse for his headlights, but his alcohol soaked brain realized that a 22LR round was the same length as a fuse. Installed that in his truck and resumed driving. When the round exploded, shards of flying brass ended his gene sharing.

OMG- you just can't make this stuff up! I hate that anyone gets hurt out of ignorance, but dang.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    OMG- you just can't make this stuff up! I hate that anyone gets hurt out of ignorance, but dang.....
    Some people . . . they just don't, well . . .
    I was watching Real stories of the ER years ago and this guy came it with the meat all ground off his finger from sticking it into snow blower discharge to un-plug it. The doc was telling him about all the surgeries to fix that finger and the guy says "Nope, just nip the bone off and stich it up. I got snow to move!" Then the doc asks about the other fingers (one from each hand) that the guy had lost before "how'd you loose those?" To which the guy replies "Snow blower gets plugged a lot." Some people have very odd priorities I guess.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Gentlemen:

Let's not be too hard with these folks.

If you knew me, you'd know why I say that.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Here's one example of the OP's post:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...muzzle-loader/

"Use only genuine GM parts."

"Use only genuine Coleman Fuel."

"Use Black Powder, Only."

The first 2 don't really matter, so I guess the 3rd one could be taken in the same way.

Don't we all do things that are as foolish as some of the things we marvel at in these stories, but because they don't result in disaster, they escape notice?

Look at the way people drive on the ice. Some, don't know why they should slow down. They really don't know, or believe they should. Isn't that a worse thing, even though it may not be as entertaining?

Oh Well.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

The first 2 don't really matter, so I guess the 3rd one could be taken in the same way.
    Actually no.

It goes on a different list:

Don't use a wrench to cross the terminals on your car battery.

Don't stick your finger in a light socket.

Don't grab downed power lines.

Don't sit on a NASCAR track for a better view.

Use only black powder.

Might as well sub 75 grains of Bullseye for 75 grains of 4350 in your 375.

Actually, this is more like putting avgas in a diesel engine. She might turn over once or twice, but then...

Anyone who takes up muzzleloading should first be taught that there is NO similarity between black power and smokeless powders.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Anyone who takes up muzzleloading should first be taught that there is NO similarity between black power and smokeless powders.
    Seems like every year some FOOOOOOL does a little self-teaching on that point!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

Smitty of the North
    Not the same at all.
    The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee."

The last is a warning as in "WARNING may cause injury, dismemberment, or death"

See ignoring cautions damages your stuff but ignoring a WARNING is a whole other kettle of fish.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Not the same at all.
    The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee."

The last is a warning as in "WARNING may cause injury, dismemberment, or death"

See ignoring cautions damages your stuff but ignoring a WARNING is a whole other kettle of fish.
    May as well be the same, because stupid isn't going to read or heed either one.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

[QUOTE=ADfields;1446210]Not the same at all.
    The first two are cautions as in "Caution, may damage your product or void your warrantee." QUOTE]

Here's what I said..... ("The first 2 don't really matter, so I guess the 3rd one could be taken in the same way.")

Never said they were the same. But, Just that "warnings" like the first 2, which are merely self serving on the part of the manufacturers, can condition us to ignore warnings in general, including the "SERIOUS" ones.

People ignore warnings, all the time and can become impatient with them and take them less seriously than they should.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Actually no.

It goes on a different list:

Don't use a wrench to cross the terminals on your car battery.

Don't stick your finger in a light socket.

Don't grab downed power lines.

Don't sit on a NASCAR track for a better view.

Use only black powder.

Might as well sub 75 grains of Bullseye for 75 grains of 4350 in your 375.
    And, then there are the Exceptions.

A friend of mine had an InLine that "He" said,,, was Safe to use Smokeless Powder in. I assume it would have to be the proper powder, and the proper charge.

Having no interest in InLines, I didn't pursue the matter.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

GD Yankee that is the same accident I was referring to but I saw it on a different forum. As much damage as was done to that gun he was lucky that someone was not killed by it.

See my first post........
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast