Thread: Skandic SWT scratchers?

Default Skandic SWT scratchers?

Just wondering. Has anyone on this forum put scratchers on a Skandic SWT? Seems like normal wire or cable scratchers won't reach out far enough from the suspension rail to outside of the track. Or maybe they can be bent (wire ones) to make work? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglishna View Post
    Just wondering. Has anyone on this forum put scratchers on a Skandic SWT? Seems like normal wire or cable scratchers won't reach out far enough from the suspension rail to outside of the track. Or maybe they can be bent (wire ones) to make work? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, I put wire cables on mine. Added a couple of washers and they stick out just enough to not rub on the track.

Are you wanting to mount them on the rear suspension? I have seen scratchers mounted on the skis also.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I saw these scratchers the other day at the shop. They mount to the ski, I think they run all the time. I would imagine you could turn them around when not in use and loading onto the trailer.

http://www.firstplaceparts.com/betwe...EIgaAl5T8P8HAQ

I put some steel rod scratchers on mine. I'll try and take a couple pics later today and post them.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Alexander/MM - thanks, I'll check out your setup next time I see you. MTFisher - thanks for the firstplaceparts link. Had never seen those. A benefit I could see with those is that you could look down and see if the scratchers were doing the job or coming loose.

On my 20"wide Bearcat I run a set of cable ones that I mounted to my inside ski bolts. They kick up just enough crap to keep things cool and lube the hifax.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I just ordered these scratchers today. http://www.snowparthub.com/SKI_MOUNT...rs_Ski_Mounted They look interesting and mount to the ski like I wanted. Mounting to the skid past the curve of the hyfax doesn't make sense other then to get snow to the cooler. They will probably make it to the door next week, then I will have them on before our New Years weekend ride. I am hoping I won't even have to use them because the snow dance I did this morning will bring feet upon feet of powder!

Alexander/MM - thanks, I'll check out your setup next time I see you. MTFisher - thanks for the firstplaceparts link. Had never seen those. A benefit I could see with those is that you could look down and see if the scratchers were doing the job or coming loose.

MTFisher: It will be interesting to hear what you think of the scratchers you ordered. Wonder how much spray they throw up and how they work when you back up? Please keep us posted. AKDoug's idea of putting cable scratchers on the inside of the skis is a slick idea. I've got some cable scratchers and will try his idea first.

So I got the scratchers in the mail a few weeks ago and just got around to installing them. Took all of about 15 minutes to install. They look like they will work well. I just hope the scratching tip will last a season or two. if not the plan will be to fab a carbide track stud to the end.

Hope to get out and get a ride in on these soon. BTW my machine isn't a trail machine - 2008 Polaris Dragon 700 with a 163" track. I opted for the ski scratchers because of the long skid and hyfax. Sometimes riding on the trail is the only way to get into country.

photo 2.jpg