Thread: Brett Thoft killed in plane crash in Montana

Default Brett Thoft killed in plane crash in Montana

http://m.dailyinterlake.com/news/loc....html?mode=jqm

Condolences to Brett's wife and kids, and to Matt and the rest of his family. Many here probably flew with Brett (Fullcurl Aviation) out of Happy Valley. Highly experienced pilot ... just a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    http://m.dailyinterlake.com/news/loc....html?mode=jqm

Condolences to Brett's wife and kids, and to Matt and the rest of his family. Many here probably flew with Brett (Fullcurl Aviation) out of Happy Valley. Highly experienced pilot ... just a shock.
    Very sad news. Prayers to the families for their losses and having to deal with a tragedy like this during the holidays.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Man this sucks. Brett was a good friend and a great guy. Honest and straight up. Loved flying with him. Wish the best for his wife and kids. Man....at least he died doing what he loved. Take care Brett......
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

As both a hunter and pilot, it always makes me take pause as I could see the same fate befalling me. I take solace knowing at least for me I would chose that death over wasting away a mere shell of what I once was.

May the peace of the Lord be with his family and friends, and I pray that he is welcomed into the kingdom of God.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Very sad and tragic for a great guy with a wife and two young children. God bless.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

As fine a man as one could meet,God bless
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Unbelievably sad news, a life taken too young for sure. I flew with Brett for quite a few hours this summer and fall and he was simply an amazing pilot and person. Lots of prayers from my family to his and his two little girls as they deal with this sad tragedy during the holiday season and beyond.

I just met Brett about a month ago, I bought a J-3 Cub he had actually bought when he was 18 and had owned for several years prior. Seemed like a great guy was looking forward to learning to fly and and meeting him up at Happy Valley sometime. Condolences to his family.

He loved that j-3. Heard him go on and on about that plane before!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

There's been a Memorial Fund setup here to help Brett's family. Not a better time of the season to give something to a family that's really hurting.

http://www.gofundme.com/Brett-Thoft-APHA

Both Thoft boys are like family to me...losing Brett 3 days ago took a chunk out of me that wont be replaced. Brett was a key character and friend, in a period of my life that i now consider one of the most important, the beginning of a decade of chasing, and eventually living, my boyhood dreams. He was something. He left a beautifull young family behind that was the center of his world. I have no words for their loss. I am so very sorry for their road ahead.

I think its important to remember him. And live life like guys like him live it...i pasted a copy of a social media post i wrote to his memory here, to simply state what Brett meant to me and many others:

It reads:

[Yesterday i chatted with a great friend of mine about a hunt we were planning to make time for together next year...4 hours later i heard news that he is no longer with us.

Brett Thoft is a special guy. I had the honor of knowing him and his brother Matt for most of the past decade. I love them both dearly...and while i never had brothers by blood, they were and are family to me. This post isnt about my loss of a great friend. Its about letting people know that the world is less of a place without Brett Thoft.
    If u knew Brett you either loved him or hated him, but without fail he demanded your respect...and could earn it in spades. For me Brett was the best of what is a true friend. He was one of the first Alaskan guides my age that truly immpressed me...and for some unknown reason to me, he had faith in a green flatlander from Texas WAY before i had faith in myself, in an industry that sees more men fail than succeed. His faith never wavered...and i have not and will not ever forget that. He was one of the truest friends ive ever had. It didnt matter how busy we got on seperate paths within our industry: we always at least kept in touch and kept track of each other. He was one of a kind. The best kind of friend, an awesome husband, a great father, relentless on a spring bear track, an excellent pilot, sheephunter, and all around outdoorsman. Mature beyond his years, he was an Alaskan legend in the making. He was as tough as a man comes, hard and full of fire...but with a heart the size of the mountains he loved so much. He was of a breed that lived his life by his passions...forged it and bent it to suit him. A leader by nature. Im proud to have called him a friend, a brother i never had. I love him, and im just glad i never shyed from letting him know that.
    I miss u allready man, Alaska wont ever quite be the same for me...]

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    There's been a Memorial Fund setup here to help Brett's family. Not a better time of the season to give something to a family that's really hurting.

Thanks for posting. Every little bit helps,
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Bumping back to top.

Sent from my iPhone while hiding with a gun and a bottle.

Ninefoot from your words its plain to see you both are of the same mold.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you