Thread: Now that i'm here......any recommendations for truck transporters?

Default Now that i'm here......any recommendations for truck transporters?

After looking at the crazy truck prices here I really think I would be better off spending the money and bringing my truck up. Even though it's an 06 with 70,000 miles at least it's mine and I know what it is. Any positive experiences transporting trucks to the KP (notice I'm learning the lingo....hahaha) from NY?
    Thank you in advance!

We used Alaska Marine Lines to send our vehicle (and belongings) up here in April from Seattle. The vehicle was under $2k.

Woops, missed the NY part there. Well, if you get you rig to Seattle, that's the price from there....

I work at a dealership in the Seattle area, and have sold many trucks to Alaskans over the years to to the issues you mentioned with pricing and availability. As the previous poster said, AML out of the port of Seattle with get your truck to Anchorage for about $1500-$2000. I would suggested having a car hauler take it from NY to the port in Seattle. I've used Webster relocation with great success in the past. I don't have their number on me, but google them and ask for Wayne or Jared. Tell them Joe had you call. I would guess it's in the $1500 neighborhood this time of year to have them carry your truck across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by JJonesls1 View Post
    As the previous poster said, AML out of the port of Seattle with get your truck to Anchorage for about $1500-$2000. I would suggested having a car hauler take it from NY to the port in Seattle. y.
    That's what I did when I moved up from the Finger Lakes area of NY. I was hauling my dog team up in one truck by myself and I wanted to have the other for daily use once I got here. It was a lot less money than I expected but it did take over a month to get here (near Fairbanks).
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

DO NOT use All Around Carriers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my Toyota Tacoma shipped from Arkansas to Anchorage a couple years ago. I took pics of it just before it went on the truck for evidence. When it arrived, it had dents in both front quarter panels(where they strapped it down). It had mud/snow shoved up in the grill. I'm not talking about from the road. I'm talking about somebody ramming it into a ditch bank or something. The cab was caved in on the top the size of a basketball. I was in disbelief. What was I supposed to do, send it back? Ticked off is a very polite way to put it. I wanted to take my .500 S&W and do the same to his truck! As far as I know, my insurance company never got the money from them crooks!!!
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."