Thread: Anyone know about this....

Default Anyone know about this....

I'm wondering about these...anyone have any details?:

AIRPARK UNITS IN KENAI, ALASKA AVAILABLE FOR SALE For Sale; Airpark Units #34, 38, 40, 42, 44. 20K. Other units are available with different terms. In Kenai, Alaska, located just three miles from the mouth of the world famous Kenai River. Approx. one acre each. Excellent hunting, fishing, and berry picking. Rural setting. Can be reached by road or air. A perfect place to build a remote yet accessible retreat. Airpark owner has equipment and expertise to assist in developing units. Airstrip is 2600 feet long. Grass on gravel
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

That strip is off K-beach road. On Buoy I think. The natural gas pipeline runs right along the north side. There is a huge swampy spot to the north end. I measured the runway once and it was about 2,400 feet long. It seemed like a good 50- 60 feet wide. For some reason nobody has built anything in that subdivision. Water that does not stink like egg farts might be pretty rare.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Thanks Float!

I talked to the owner today and it looks pretty much sold out according to him. Lots are $20K to over $100K depending upon size and location. I ask about skeeters since it looks like swamp on the overhead and he said they aren't any worse that any place else. Think I lost interest in it after looking closer. It would be nice to have a hanger with a living space inside but not there I think.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Price seems very high to me for that area. I do not remember seeing power lines back in there....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com