Thread: Christensen carbon rifles

Thumbs up Christensen carbon rifles

I've been looking at these rifles for quite some time. About 10yrs actually.. I've read lots n lots of reviews and screened plenty of other forums. There are more pro's then con's from what I've read to date. That's encouraging...
    But is it enough to "pull the trigger" and go buy one?

I had a chance to pick the brain of only one (1) actual Christensen owner so far. He's a guy I met here in the valley and got to actually see/hold the gun. The guy I spoke with has the Carbon 1. That model is a little out of my price range, yet very nice rifle. But overall, (this being his second one), he praises them immensely. I'm considering the classic carbon instead. The one I can afford.

What say you? Do any of you have any information (good or bad) regarding your personal experience with any of these rifles??
    Have you had any problems? Misfires? Craftsmanship issues? Accuracy problems? Broken parts? Service dillemas? Anything??
    Any and all information is appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Thanks folks...

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    I've been looking at these rifles for quite some time. About 10yrs actually.. I've read lots n lots of reviews and screened plenty of other forums. There are more pro's then con's from what I've read to date. That's encouraging...
    But is it enough to "pull the trigger" and go buy one?

I had a chance to pick the brain of only one (1) actual Christensen owner so far. He's a guy I met here in the valley and got to actually see/hold the gun. The guy I spoke with has the Carbon 1. That model is a little out of my price range, yet very nice rifle. But overall, (this being his second one), he praises them immensely. I'm considering the classic carbon instead. The one I can afford.

What say you? Do any of you have any information (good or bad) regarding your personal experience with any of these rifles??
    Have you had any problems? Misfires? Craftsmanship issues? Accuracy problems? Broken parts? Service dillemas? Anything??
    Any and all information is appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Thanks folks...
    I just sent you a PM.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Got it. Thanks..

What did you decide. Right now, I'm where you were when you wrote the post. Did you buy one? Shot it yet? I can't find anyone who's actually shot one. Thinking of getting the Carbon classic in .300WM

had 4 CA varmint rifles about 12 years ago, 2-223 & 2-22-250 - I think the fact that you grab a bull barreled rifle and if feels like a featherweight is "cool" - Accuracy was good on all 4 but no more than other varmint rifles I've had or shot - Don't expect the "heat dissipation" to be any better than a regular steel barrel because IME it won't be - all 4 of the rifles shot out at the same rate as any others I've had or used (imagine my surprise to loose accuracy at the same round count as always ) - for a lightweight HUNTING rifle, a strong maybe - for a high volume varmint shooter, not a chance

LGS here had a shooting day with Christensen Rifles. AR15's and 1911 pistols......The Carbon 308 they had was shot over 200 times by a lot of people in a short period of time...at 600 yards it just keep ringing metal shot after shot.....the 300WM is an awesome rifle and same results at 600, the range did not open 1000 yard line for this event......AR's and 1911's shot very well also......expensive rifles for sure, I will never be able to afford one, but would if I could....

Just curious as to how long you would take your longer shots in typical conditions. I'd say that if your shot is quite typically <300yds then you could buy a Kimber Montana in .308 and readily make a first shot hit <1MOA provided that you did your part. The CA Carbon Classic without a scope is going to be heavier than the Kimber with a scope on top in many cases. I was not impressed with my first Kimber barrel but that was solved with just a little more money. Waaaay less money than a CA rifle in any case. I agree that those carbon tubes and stocks are pretty spanky!