Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Racks or scabbards on your snowmachine

Default Gun Racks or scabbards on your snowmachine

I am interested in what others have done for gun racks/scabbards? I have seen gun boots, forked holders (Kolpin Rhino gun holder) and a scabbard strapped to the hood. What have others done/used? I am thinking I need a rack soon, having my shooting iron bounce on my back isn't as fun anymore. And anyone build a chainsaw rack as well?

I use a set of forked holders, on the back rack of my Indy trail. They are the stainless steel kind and I can take the forks off and on as I need them. Mainly I use it for my gas ice auger. Is very sturdy and works great, providing easy access and keeps it from getting busted up, and makes more room for extra stuff in the otter sled.

Release Lake Trout

What type of machine do you have? I will get some pictures of my Bearcat and how it is set up. I would like to do something a little different but.....

Remember, plastic gets very brittle in extreme cold. Steel or aluminum construction will be better for your sled.

Release Lake Trout

Here's a thread on the subject...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-a-snowmachine
    "Grin and Bear It"

I have had the plastic rubber forks on my wheeler and they didn't last to the end of the driveway. They broke instantly. Cold and plastic = not good. I will be looking for the metal forks that are covered in the soft rubber. Not sure if they still make them or not.

Thanks for the link Tearbear.

following .

Quote Originally Posted by MTfisher View Post
    I have had the plastic rubber forks on my wheeler and they didn't last to the end of the driveway. They broke instantly. Cold and plastic = not good. I will be looking for the metal forks that are covered in the soft rubber. Not sure if they still make them or not.

Thanks for the link Tearbear.
    sportsmans warehouse has them

Release Lake Trout

Here are a couple pictures of how the rifle rack is attached on my Arctic Bearcat snow machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good AK Bearcat.
    "Grin and Bear It"

On my old Skandic. Easy access while traveling.

If the terrain is rough I will put the barrel forward to keep it from hitting the ground. Not so fast to get ahold of that way.

Gotta fix the new Skandic up to carry the gun.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Made mine for my new Expedition. ..

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Nice! Where did you get the parts? Any close ups of the lower piece?
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

It's just 1/4" rod and some steel plate scrap. I used one bolt for the disc brake cover and had to put one other through the tunnel for mounting the bottom holder. The rod that keeps the butt stock in place is covered with 1/4" i.d. breather hose as well to protect the stock.
    The upper mount is a plate on either side of the plastic cowling with a tab welded to it and a rubber coated gun holder off a pick up back window rack bolted to it. Fits nice and tight and is out of my way for riding, can be grabbed and dismounted in a hurry as well.

Top mount...

Very good idea. Thanks for posting these. Rep to you.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

It's just 1/4" rod and some steel plate scrap. I used one bolt for the disc brake cover and had to put one other through the tunnel for mounting the bottom holder. The rod that keeps the butt stock in place is covered with 1/4" i.d. breather hose as well to protect the stock.
    The upper mount is a plate on either side of the plastic cowling with a tab welded to it and a rubber coated gun holder off a pick up back window rack bolted to it. Fits nice and tight and is out of my way for riding, can be grabbed and dismounted in a hurry as well.
    Wow nice work, get ready to start pumping those out, they're going to be popular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your knee won't hit the scope or gun while riding? To me it looks like it may, but not sure. Good looking setup otherwise!

I played around with placement quite awhile before figuring it out. It's out of the way of my foot and leg for normal riding standing, sitting and either knee on the seat. It beats the placement I used on my old Cat all these years and I thought I was happy with that
    If you sit and stare long enough at your machine what works best for you will materialize....this is what works for me. Now to put it to use...cmon snow!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    Here are a couple pictures of how the rifle rack is attached on my Arctic Bearcat snow machine.
    Was able to use the same set up on my Expedition. Works great and very sturdy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast