Thread: Insane WEATHER this year, 2" of snow Turnagain Pass

Default Insane WEATHER this year, 2" of snow Turnagain Pass

Spring was two months early in 2014. And now no winter yet in South Central Alaska. Has there ever been a winter in-which Turnagain Pass never opened for snow machine use......???

Not a good year for those who when in debt to purchase a new sled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be a big time winter person, but...
    da da da da dah, I'm lovin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Used to be a big time winter person, but...
    da da da da dah, I'm lovin' it!
    Come on now! This is the snowmachine forum. Take that crazy talk to the boating section.

It's only mid-December. Things can change. 2011 - 12, hardly any snow until after the first of the year. Then a bunch and there were ridable conditions in a number of places into June.

AGL jus threw it out for conversation fodder. Pretty sure he isn't a big time motor head (but I could be wrong).
    I've already had machines out... hauling wood,and will go out on lakes this weekend for ice fishing; doesn't that count?

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Spring was two months early in 2014. And now no winter yet in South Central Alaska. Has there ever been a winter in-which Turnagain Pass never opened for snow machine use......???
    Climate change is a b+$ isn't it. We have no snow and there calling for 50's this weekend. Current computer model has us 5-7 degrees above normal all winter. You will have snow, I don't think we will.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

You are correct, was just a topic for general conversation. And I do not own any snowmachines, I prefer to walk.

AGL jus threw it out for conversation fodder. Pretty sure he isn't a big time motor head (but I could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Climate change is a b+$ isn't it. We have no snow and there calling for 50's this weekend. Current computer model has us 5-7 degrees above normal all winter. You will have snow, I don't think we will.
    Yes, climate change ALWAYS has been a b+$. The Vikings in Greenland and Tlingit in Glacier Bay were probably saying the same thing about the climate (but for for other reasons).

Yes, climate change ALWAYS has been a b+$. The Vikings in Greenland and Tlingit in Glacier Bay were probably saying the same thing about the climate (but for for other reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    You are correct, was just a topic for general conversation. And I do not own any snowmachines, I prefer to walk.
    I just wanted to say Hi..... I love ice fishing, a hobby which is almost gone where I currently live.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I just bought a snowmachine this winter. Didn't go in debt for it, but I am not happy. We had 6-8 inches when that last warm spell came through. Melted it all. Now we have about 2 inches but it has been snowing all day today, not a lot, but hopefully enough to get out.

I am getting 2-3" today in Valdez. We got maybe 5" earlier in the week. That has been it.... Snow Town is going to loose it's name.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Considering buying a snowmachine this winter. If this weather holds, I might get pretty aggressive about it in January. Should make for some pretty motivated sellers.

Well according to the link it's calling for above average precipitation. Seems like it's meaning rain......I hope not! Give us snow dammit

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Considering buying a snowmachine this winter. If this weather holds, I might get pretty aggressive about it in January. Should make for some pretty motivated sellers.
    Good point. Lol. I just bought ours and I took it out this weekend. River is still open in many spots so I turned around and puttered around the village. It was rough. Not really rideable yet.