Thread: Elmer Keith guns go to auction

Default Elmer Keith guns go to auction

Dust off the wallet boys! Cabela's returned the collection and the family is selling.

James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 firearms auction is shaping up to be an Event for the Ages and will be the focus of those passionate about firearms and firearms history. A highly anticipated grouping of firearms and accessories from the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection will be a featured component of the sale. Many of these fabulous items have been on display at Elmer Keith Museum housed inside Cabela’s Boise, ID retail showroom. All items in the collection have remained in the possession of the Keith family since Elmer’s passing in 1984.
    http://jamesdjulia.com/catalog/?division=596
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I saw that. Actualy, someone, who "appears" to be a family member, has started a Facebook page for Elmer Keith, wherein I read a comment that it wasn't a unanimous family decisiokn to sell off the collection. (But the rouble with the internet, especially Facebook, is you can never tell if what you read is the truth. In fact, I think Elmer Keith himself said that.)

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Dust off the wallet boys! Cabela's returned the collection and the family is selling.

James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 firearms auction is shaping up to be an Event for the Ages and will be the focus of those passionate about firearms and firearms history. A highly anticipated grouping of firearms and accessories from the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection will be a featured component of the sale. Many of these fabulous items have been on display at Elmer Keith Museum housed inside Cabela’s Boise, ID retail showroom. All items in the collection have remained in the possession of the Keith family since Elmer’s passing in 1984.
    http://jamesdjulia.com/catalog/?division=596

Doesn't surprise me it would be unanimous. I know they had cherry picked the gun room before putting the reminder on loan 30years ago. Now they have had a 30 year cooling off to come to terms with the idea of letting go.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Doesn't surprise me it would be unanimous. I know they had cherry picked the gun room before putting the reminder on loan 30years ago. Now they have had a 30 year cooling off to come to terms with the idea of letting go.
    Hope my son never sells my guns. Pretty sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Hope my son never sells my guns. Pretty sure he will.
    By cherry picked the gun room I mean they all took the ones hey wanted so those on loan were the ones none of the family was emotionally attached to. I have seen Elmer's son on a number of gun TV shows over the years and he always brings some of "Dad's guns" from his own collection.

When my own Dad died there were plenty of "Dad's guns" to go around. Then there were many that we felt that even though they had belonged to Dad there was no real connection there. Dad bought guns any time he saw one and had money and he always had a little money the last 30 years of his life, they were an investment to him, his piggy bank where he put his pocket money he wanted to save. So right after he died nobody felt like these guns were heirlooms but also nobody wanted to brake open the piggy bank. Now years have passed and my siblings and I are getting close to breaking open the piggy bank, in time it is natural to let go a little more . . . our love of and longing for Dad has nothing to do with thease guns and we better understand that with time's passage.

Your son, in time, will find your guns as valuable as you do . . . they will be as important to him as they are to you. You are bringing him up with guns, you take him shooting, you place value on your guns and he sees that . . . he isn't going to sell them if he doesn't have to.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona