Thread: Pyramids?

Default Pyramids?

Does anyone know where I can find a pyramid anchor in town (30#)??? Sportsman's whse hasn't had them for a few weeks now and AK Raft doesn't have any...I've called a couple of other boat shops, but with no success.

I have one of the 3-pronged mushroom type that I bought to get by on the first trip this year, but you have to let so much line out to get the sucker to lay flat and catch, you end up "weather-vaning" across the whole river...

THANKS!

Default Anchor

I just made mine. Built a plywood mold sealed it with fixall and poured melted lead in.

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    I just made mine. Built a plywood mold sealed it with fixall and poured melted lead in.
    Thanks KK. I'll probably end up doing the same. Where'd you get your lead from?

BTW, EVERYBODY in town (Anchorage) is out of stock for Pyramids, and the drift boat shops won't sell the ones they do have because they're part of the boat packages (understandably...).

e

Default Pyramid anchors

You might give Alaska Raft and Kayak a call; they have carried them in the past. (907) 561-RAFT.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Yes i had the same problem. everyone in town is out of them. i guess the manufacturer is having problems of some sort and no one in state has them that i have found so i had to get a mushroom one as well. it sucks but not too much i could do. next year i plan on getting one though. thanks vance