Thread: Any inside info on this SeaArk

Default Any inside info on this SeaArk

Any inside info on this SeaArk ? I have a friend that has been looking at this boat. 20,000 just seems to cheap

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4786093368.html
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I have never seen this boat. I do not have any knowledge about it. But I have a lot of boating experience.
    In my opinion this is a project boat.
    This boat is running today but it is an old boat.
    Anyone who buys this boat should have enough money to replace the engines and transmissions and any other system in the boat.
    I would have the boat surveyed. If the hull is solid and I wanted a project boat I would consider this boat.
    The boat I currently own was a project boat. The hull was solid, I replaced the engine and some other systems.
    Project boats are fun if you have the resources to improve them.
    Ken (Tiderunner)

I'm bettin they missed a zero in that price or maybe put the decimal point in the wrong location??

The seller states in his ebay listing. "Please Do Not Bid Unless you have fully considered the logistics involved with buying a Project boat In Alaska." Starting bid is 18K...but there are no bids yet. Considering listing fees and commissions, there's probably some wiggle room. Could be a decent deal if the buyer has a broad skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I'm bettin they missed a zero in that price or maybe put the decimal point in the wrong location??
    That's what I thought but as Garyak said its on ebay for 18 grand. Yep its project boat
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Looks to me to be a old crewboat so i'd bet it was run my many different "captains" who ran it with the red knobs up against the windshield. Those 6-71's are bombproof engines if they are not run hard, i had the same J&T engine in my lobsterboat back east many years ago but mine had smaller injectors than those engines have, 310HP used 90mm i had 70mm. Johnson & Towers souped up those motors to get more HP out of them and they were called "hand grenades" back then but if not run hard 25,000 hours were easily achieved before a rebuild.
    I'd be worried about electrolysis eating up the hull more than those engines. Still a big project boat in my eyes.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

guess I lost that bet.