Thread: Meat processors in Anchorage?

Default Meat processors in Anchorage?

Hunting Caribou in Aug. 2015 and will be flying out of Anchorage? What are my options for meat processing? Not wanting an extended stay in Anchorage so quick turn around would be awesome.

Is there a place that will flash freeze and package quickly?

Not really. You'd have better luck looking for one that will ship it to you after they finish and even then, you are likely looking outside of Anchorage.

Yes, Glenn's wild game in anchorage. Look him up, he's awesome! You will be happy.
    BK

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Timing is everything. Once moose season is in full swing, there is almost no chance at all f a quick (one day) turn around at any meat processor. If you do an early to mid August hunt, then you could get lucky. My suggestion would be to bone the meat out yourself once you get back to town, then have it frozen in 50lb wet-lock boxes. Once you get home, then do the cutting, grinding, wrapping etc. There is still the issue of where to get it frozen, but predicting the future as far as who will have freezer space at any given time is a coin flip at best.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Yes, Glenn's wild game in anchorage. Look him up, he's awesome! You will be happy.
    BK
    I would second Glenn's. Great guy and does a first class job. Makes a great bacon caribou burger where he grinds the bacon directly into the caribou meat. Awesome!

Ok thanks guys. Will have friends at Elmendorf by then too so hopefully we can get a lift over there. Thanks!