Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian valley meats

Default Indian valley meats

Anybody that has taken meat there what's the normal time for getting it back ? Just wondering they had my meat almost 4 weeks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Used them for many years. For cut and wrap 4 days...with sausage a week. I didnt mind cause thats pretty standard and i would have to wait for the weekend to pick it anyway. Sounds like they might have left messages or recorded the wrong number cause thats not like them. Although maybe something changed there.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Roger,
    Too long, next time give glenn's wild game a chance. You get your OWN meat back, usually within 24 hours.Glenn is also closer to you, in Muldoon/Glenn hey area. PM For more details about how awesome he is and how crappy Indian wild game is.
    BK

I took three caribou there this fall. Took the meat in Aug. 12th and got it back the Friday before Labor Day.

Will never use IV again. First moose - grind only. 4 weeks. Second time, dropped off two moose, one grind, one cut/wrap - 6 weeks. Half the hamburger had a funky taste to it, and I would toss it as soon as I figured it out when defrosting.

Mikes Meats in Eagle river or Glens are the only places I'll ever think about going again. Actually I'm buying my own grinder, no more worry about any of it...

I've used them for many, many years...no complaints at all. The quality has always been good. Took a couple of moose there this year and it took 4 weeks as well, which is longer than usual and not typical of past years. I have not experienced that previously, and I also know there was a good reason for it this year. It wasn't a problem for us to get our moose back in 4 weeks.

I have had nothing but good results there. I only have things like hotdogs and sausage made up there and it usually takes 1-2 weeks (usually closer to 1 week, but it can take a bit longer if they are busy). If you haven't already, I would suggest giving them a call. They have been good when I have called them in the past to check on the status of a batch (trying to schedule the time to go pick it up if it was going to be ready).

Indian Valley has been great to me. I have taken a few moose and caribou there. Mainly just have burger ground up, but have had some fancy things made like Pastrami (which is awesome), Jalapeno dogs, pepper sticks and teriyaki sticks. I also take my fish filets there to get vacuum sealed since there bags are twice as thick as DIY sealers and cost about the same. Seemed like the meat ground would take about a week or two. They should be caught up with the hunting season meat I would think. Best bet is to call them, they may not have your correct number.

Back in the Early 70's ADF&G and Alaska Sausage used to put on about 2 seminars a season on how to properly prepare and butcher your own game. Someone (with contacts) would usually donate a freshly harvested moose to be used for the live demo. (and get all their meat processed free). Herb/Alaska Sausage donated a lot of free samples of the various sausages they made, to munch on watching the demo. Jones Tool Rental in E.R. always had several good quality meat grinders to rent, and so being of the thrifty nature, we always butchered and ground our own critters. The ONLY way I know to guarantee you actually get your own meat back. NO, our roasts don't always look too pretty, but the flavor isn't effected. And if we find an extra finger tip wrapped up with a roast, at least we know it was a family finger tip.

I have used them in the past and I liked the customer service and product choices. They told me they took in a record number of moose this year so waits were longer than usual. I cant remember the number they said they processed but it was many more than a normal year.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Roger,
    Too long, next time give glenn's wild game a chance. You get your OWN meat back, usually within 24 hours.Glenn is also closer to you, in Muldoon/Glenn hey area. PM For more details about how awesome he is and how crappy Indian wild game is.
    BK
    Glenn's sends orders for sausage and other cured meats to Indian Valley. Glenn only does the grinds in-house - the rest is outsourced to Indian Valley.

I've only had bear bacon made at Indian Valley, but my experience was a positive one.

Brian, you are correct. Glenn grinds burger and cuts t-bones or steaks on the bandsaw for us. I had him cut deer steaks last week.....had it done the next day as usual. His chorizo and breakfast sausage is outstanding and also done in house.
    Highly recommended.

I tried Indian 2 times in the last couple years and took one order back with disappointment and fed the dog with the 2nd order.
    BK

Brian, you are correct. Glenn grinds burger and cuts t-bones or steaks on the bandsaw for us. I had him cut deer steaks last week.....had it done the next day as usual. His chorizo and breakfast sausage is outstanding and also done in house.
    Highly recommended.
    We had Glenn do some bacon burger for us out of half of my wife's black bear. It was excellent, and as you experienced, we had it back the next day. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. We'll certainly be using Glenn again when we get another bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambistew View Post
    Will never use IV again. Half the hamburger had a funky taste to it, and I would toss it as soon as I figured it out when defrosting. ...
    First and last time I used IV my burger was BAD, like sour bad! It seems like they throw in anybody's meat and dole out poundage. Never again.

}:>
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

IV did a good job on my moose sausage this year. Dropped off in early September and ready two weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    They told me they took in a record number of moose this year so waits were longer than usual.
    Well that, at least, is good to hear....

Haven't killed anything that I needed to use them again, but many years ago I really liked what I had done. And it was done in a reasonable amount of time.....maybe two weeks at the most.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    We had Glenn do some bacon burger for us out of half of my wife's black bear. It was excellent, and as you experienced, we had it back the next day. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. We'll certainly be using Glenn again when we get another bear.
    Did the same with goat meat, it is incredible, and it was done next day. I like to use Glenn for my moose, but last two years he was been too busy to take it in. Have used IV many times, this year was the longest turnaround, when dropping my meat there were 6 guys in front of me with moose.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Nice thing about Glenns is he keeps a record of your order so the next year he can look it up and let you know how much fat content you used in your burger and what amounts of processed meats you got. Handy if you ran out early or had tons left over.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Roger,
    BK

Don't understand this at all. Can someone please tell me why they keep making this statement about getting "your own" meat back? It is obsurd to imply that the processors are giving you someone elses meat. Not only would that be theft, but it would also be borderline criminal in that they would essentially be selling wild game. If you are going to make this claim, please stop beating around the bush and put your name on the accusation with the State. I have personally spoken with Indian Valley about this, since they have been my exclusive processor for close to 20 years, and they will straight out tell you that you get your own meat back.

You may want to call them. Was it bison? If so, they may have hung it for you to help age it. But 4 weeks is a long time. May have missed the call or maybe they wrote down the wrong phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Anybody that has taken meat there what's the normal time for getting it back ? Just wondering they had my meat almost 4 weeks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast