Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offroad alaska show

Default Offroad alaska show

To: alaska off road show goers,

i regret to inform you that every single member of your show are a bunch of absolute morons. To think it takes you 5-8 hours to " rally hard" to the glacier is indeed a sign of complete stupidity and total ignorance. You call yourselves offroaders. You remind me of Idiots. Please leave our state and stop Acting like the sons of joe dirt.

Signed sincerely,
    someone who knows it doesn't take 5 hours to get to Knik glacier even in my standard f150.
    Stop being dumb ducks.

ps. Your ruining our environment and making yourselves look like total jackasses

Release Lake Trout

I tuned that in a few nights ago. I'm not an off-roader, and I don't know Knik Glacier myself, but I assume that is what "Wolf Glacier" is, right? I had to laugh over the guy who was moaning about cutting trees in the trail "...cause that isn't an Alaskan thing to do.". What a crock this show is, but I expect that, so it was mildly entertaining.

I watched part of it just to see what they were driving and the scenery. I agree with you completely- complete bull---- show. It is a shame that one of these shows can't show real people doing real things in the real settings and just let it be what Alaska really is- beautiful and amazing by itself.

It's interesting that they are having troubles driving on roads that little kids drive ATVs on without issue all summer long. And the narrator knows nothing about vehicles or geology. I'll keep an eye on the show just to see the scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, was watching the show as I'm reading the post. Not very accurate on much of anything but recognize most of the areas.
    EricL

I wonder how many of those trees were still standing before they got there
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Come on Mutt, a reality show wouldn't falsely create adversity and drama.......or would they

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Come on Mutt, a reality show wouldn't falsely create adversity and drama.......or would they

Well I don't know...... The "family" in Homer seems like they are going to die each week if they can't get those fence post drove with that new track loader, or if they can't ride the new snowmobile out to the frozen lake to catch fish they will starve....
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Well I don't know...... The "family" in Homer seems like they are going to die each week if they can't get those fence post drove with that new track loader, or if they can't ride the new snowmobile out to the frozen lake to catch fish they will starve....
    Yup, two little fish... or a rabbit... or a few dipnet caught fish from China Poot. We've gotten the snacks out and laughed ourselves silly.

Well...if you really want to ring your bell check out "Slednecks"...perhaps the dumbest AK reality show yet.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Then there is this thing...

just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post

just sayin'...
    and that is exactly what happened. The end.

Release Lake Trout

just sayin'...
    Yep.

I don't watch these shows, just as I skim through them looking for good programming.
    Not as bad as that mud lovin redneck show on Discovery. Follow the antics of "lil bit" (ain't very little) her husband Bubba and her friend "fat legs" (good description) And no I don't watch that one either.
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Here, laugh at our neighbors, then laugh at the world laughing at our neighbors, then poach some BLM data here.

The first link provides some interesting insight from our neighbors on the show. Its not even close to scripted reality TV production. The second link is pretty hard to deal with, but there is some insight by page 16. The BLM data will help you pinpoint some of the trails if you are not already a user of the system.

just sayin'...
    What is that thing? Just sayn'...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    What is that thing? Just sayn'...
    Hello? Hello?...This thing on?...Hello?

For what its worth, they spent a good deal of time stopping just to shoot their staged water crossings and stunts. First ran across them parked on the sand dunes just across Jims Creek on the hills. Pressed on and stopped at Wolfpoint for a lunch break and a couple of them showed up again with camera crews in tow. When asked what they were filming we did not get a straight answer, so now I know. We made our way to the glacier, took a second or third break before running across them again as they were just getting to the area. In 5 hours I can unload the rigs go to the glacier and be back home.

oh the reality, hey theres a good mullet in the show.
    Semper Fi!

Watch the show and you can see why it takes them forever to get anywhere! Their scene sequences makes me believe they are running in circles.
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    That's probably the one show I like on reality tv, though I do get sick of the do or die theme they've got going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast