Thread: Pistol holster on a bike

Default Pistol holster on a bike

I'm going to be riding where loose dogs have chased me on my wheeler. I've been bit HARD by a loose dog (140#) Akita, not gonna happen again. Any opinions on a thigh holster for riding?

I'm considering a belly-band for cycling. The thigh holster is an interesting idea, but I don't have any suggestions for you. Retention would be a major concern, of course.

Chest holster makes more sense to me.

Wear one when going off trail on my Pugs.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bear spray would be safer, lighter, and probably more effective shooting from a bike.

When riding through bear country, I just wrap my belt w/holster around the center of the handlebar/headstand. (Ty-wraps help) ...Would have to agree with AKChester about using pepper spray on loose pets....

I have bear sprayed a couple of pitbulls while riding my bicycle. I keep the can right on the handle bar. On my snow machines and wheelers, I strap a holster right on the handle bar. Bungee cords are helpful with that.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Bear spray will snug in to a water bottle cage pretty well. Used that and handlebar mounts w/out a problem

Before you use OC, have someone spray you so you know how it works and feels. You should do this in you backyard so you can get to the shower. Have the keys to the backdoor somewhere on the backyard porch, where you have to find them before letting yourself in. You need to know you can still function while on fire. And it will feel like you are on fire. Johnson's Baby Shampoo to decon.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default Pistol holster on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Before you use OC, have someone spray you so you know how it works and feels. You should do this in you backyard so you can get to the shower. Have the keys to the backdoor somewhere on the backyard porch, where you have to find them before letting yourself in. You need to know you can still function while on fire. And it will feel like you are on fire. Johnson's Baby Shampoo to decon.
    So do u want me to test any other self defense methods on myself as well? Stun gun? Maybe work my way up to handgun? I'm not sure if that really makes sense to me.
    Last edited by bkbaker; 12-14-2014 at 17:40. Reason: left out key words

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    So do u want me to test any other self defense methods on myself as well? Stun gun? Maybe work my way up to handgun? I'm not sure if that really makes sense to me.
    I thought Nitroman was offering his services to allow himself to be sprayed so we would know what to expect from the dog/bear.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I prefer ammonia in a squirt bottle,wind is not a problem
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you