Thread: Remington to recall 7.85 million triggers

Default Remington to recall 7.85 million triggers

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I bought my used LH700 around 1980. I've never had any problems with it and like the trigger. I'll put some thought into sending it in or not. Thank you for the heads up.

I don't steal cigars. I don't push shop owners around. I don't attack cops. I don't charge cops. I actually do "hands up" and whatever else when ordered to do so at gun point by a cop. I am not Michael Brown.

I have seen a Remington fire without a trigger being pulled, scared the crap out of my son and I.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I wonder if people should be told, "To ALWAYS keep the firearms pointed in a SAFE direction"........??? I seem to remember hearing that over and over from age nine on; Seems I can't even pick-up a firearm now, without hearing my long dead father say that, even now nearly 60 years later.

The situation I witnessed it happen was at the gun range, I was coaching my son. He was on the bench shooting off a rest. I told him to chamber a round, which he did. I instructed to put the safety on immediately after chambering the round, which he did. I told him next to zero in on his target and when he felt comfortable with taking the shot, take safety off and get ready for the shot. As soon as he clicked the safety, kaboom.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    I bought my used LH700 around 1980. I've never had any problems with it and like the trigger. I'll put some thought into sending it in or not. Thank you for the heads up.

I don't steal cigars. I don't push shop owners around. I don't attack cops. I don't charge cops. I actually do "hands up" and whatever else when ordered to do so at gun point by a cop. I am not Michael Brown.
    I've had no trouble with either of my TWO 700s. Of course, I make sure my finger is NOT in the trigger guard when manipulating the safety. I DO NOT intend to send my rifles for recall. I suspect that most folks won't either.

Especially those who have already replaced there triggers, for one reason or another, and perhaps those who don't feel the safeties on the current model 700s are satisfactory.

I'm not convinced, that the 700 triggers are any more apt to fail than the ones on other BAs. Certainly, not convinced enough to require they should be Recalled.

I would rather see a Joint Effort of ALL manufacturers towards educating the public on how to SAFELY handle their firearms, that ANY safety on ANY action can fail, with emphasis on the BA triggers, using the 700, only as an example. BUT, recognizing that there are many kinds of unintentional discharges for many kinds of reasons.

(I'm not a "Michael Brown" either. Nor would I support, or identify with, such a one in the name of "uniting against racism".)

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.