Thread: homade sluice box back country trip(video)

Default homade sluice box back country trip(video)

Pulled some video from a few years ago of a backcountry trip I took with my in-laws. Pretty raw and shaky footage, but quite a bit of gold for a couple hours of sluicing in my homemade plywood sluice. It worked though, and we were able to find almost a 1/4 ounce. A lot of the video is getting back there. Please forgive me for the video quality and the baby crying, but it was a family trip and it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanjake View Post
    , but quite a bit of gold for a couple hours of sluicing in my homemade plywood sluice. It worked though, and we were able to find almost a 1/4 ounce.
    That's hard to believe you could get 1/4 ounce of gold in a couple of hours with that setup. Why did you stop!!!!!!!!!

I know, right! I didn't have the jeep ride....it was much farther back than we were camping and I wasn't in charge...family trips are like that :( ....besides when I took the video gold was 400-500 an ounce. BTW that little box caught it really well!

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanjake View Post
    I know, right! I didn't have the jeep ride....it was much farther back than we were camping and I wasn't in charge...family trips are like that :( ....besides when I took the video gold was 400-500 an ounce. BTW that little box caught it really well!
    Do you want to go back? WITH ME????

lol, some things are better left a secret :)

Nice chunky gold! Need to drag a dredge in there and move some real dirt. If it was years ago since you've been in might wanna check and make sure it is not claimed up like most the state is these days. Cool homie sluice I used to have one that worked but not as well as yours, neat video. Nice to see posted this section needs more traffic.