Thread: Solunar tables- ever use them?

Default Solunar tables- ever use them?

I've got the tables on my GPS and was wondering if anybody gives them any credibility. Have any of you ever used them, relied on them or found them at all useful? Inquiring minds want to know.

ive watched them the last few years, and hadn't notice an increase on animals or activity during days that were "higher rated". This year our group did kill 3 bulls. one Sept 6, One Sept 7, and the last on the 22nd. Coincidentally, those 3 days did have favorable chances based on the one i referenced.
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Living in the UP of Michigan I noticed that when the tables lined up with pre-rut/rut or changes in weather those times were especially good.

The only times I look at it now is when calling predators. However, I haven't been out enough to notice a correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanGunner View Post
    The only times I look at it now is when calling predators.
    So I take it that in the past you've found them useful as far as calling predators goes?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

My gps has the best time/days to hunt on them all three days said worst time ever to hunt and we killed 15 deer in those 3 days
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I think weather changes have more effect on game movement then anything else. Game densities also play a role. If you hunting an area rich in game its likely you will have more opportunities. Over the many years I find my best success has come on days I went hunting vs staying home in bed!
    Not making fun of a good question ANCguy, I just would not stay home based on a bad day forecast by tables...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

No offense taken, Smokey, I was just wondering if anyone ever noticed any relationship between the "good" times and other times. And yeah, I think if you manage to drag your butt out of your sleeping bag and get into the field, your chances are infinitely better! Kind of like Michael Jordan saying, You miss every shot that you don't take, I guess. Happy hunting!

I used the Solunar Tables to pick my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives. On #5, I just said screw it - still together.