Thread: Cleaning rags

Default Cleaning rags

How do you store your oily rags and brushes you use for cleaning? I saw on a video where a guy was using a shaveing brush to oil his guns with. Would it be ok to store brushes and rags in a zip lock bag?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

My paranoia regarding spontaneous combustion of oily rags keeps me from storing them inside of anything or piled up tightly.. That said, the brushes I use for solvents and oil are rather small, like acid brushes or tooth brushes, so it isn’t like they are going to hold a bunch of material. And the rags I use are paper towel for the really nasty stuff, which of course just gets thrown away. The only “rags” I use are for buffing out EeZox and they don’t really get oily enough to worry about.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

South Dakota

I store mine in a five gallon plastic bucket with an air tight lid. No air, no fire.