Are you wracking your brain for gift ideas for your friends and family members? Check out our forum sponsors and advertisers; they have all sorts of ideas for you. Here's a sample:
1. Kid's Outdoor Clothing and Gear. Everyone knows how fast kids outgrow their clothes and gear, and they also know how expensive quality outdoor clothing can be. Stop in at our Kid's Outdoor Gear & Clothing Swap and Sell forum for some great deals. Sponsored by Tuff Kids Outdoors, which carries some nice brand-name gear for the younger folks. Sleeping bags, packs, rain gear, thermals, boots, whatever you need, you'll find it here!
2. Halibut / Salmon / Rockfish charters out of Kodiak, Seward or even Sitka! Join Kodiak Combos, Crackerjack Charters, or Big Blue Charters for a dream trip for you and a friend! Whether you're looking for a simple day trip or a multi-day adventure involving lodging and meals, who knew you could give a charter fishing trip for Christmas?
3. Swanson River Canoe Trails trip for the family! Alaska Canoe & Campground offers lodging, canoe rental, camping gear rental, fishing tackle rental (including hip boots) and much more, out of their comfortable campground on the Kenai Peninsula. They'll even drop you off on the canoe trail system and pick you up, bringing you back to their place for a hot shower, laundry and a warm cabin.
4. An Inflatable Boat! In the market for an inflatable boat for your float hunt? Want a packable canoe for that lake trip this summer? Or how about an inflatable sport boat that runs a jet outboard? You'll find these and much more with Jim King's Alaska Series Inflatable Boats! You can find Jim in our Alaska Rafting Forum; stop by and ask him about his stuff. You might end up with a great Christmas deal!
5. How About a Power Boat? Compeau's has some great boats for you, and can rig them up to meet whatever river you're looking for. Moose hunters might be interested in the Moose Sniper Platform Kit for your boat. Check it out!
6. Commercial Vacuum Packer for your meat and fish! Swing by Alaska Butcher Equipment and Supply for some great gift ideas for the home meat and fish processing department!
7. Give the gift of Taxidermy! Does someone in your family want that moose over the fireplace? How about a Dall sheep shoulder mount? Check out RJ Simington's work at PRO Taxidermy & Expediting or Juli at Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy. Both offer quality work for your wildlife trophies. Both are regular forum contributors, so stop by the Taxidermy Forum and the Bowhunting Forum to connect with them.
8. Custom Firearms Work makes a great Christmas gift idea. Check out Wild West Guns or C-Lazy-F-Co; they can get you fixed up, whether you need a simple trigger pull adjustment, or a brand new sheep rifle built up to your specifications.
9. Reloading Supplies. How about the gift of some really accurate ammunition, or some great bear-stopper loads for that shooter in the family? You can find it at Arctic Ammo and Reloading Supplies.
10. How about a New ATV or Snowmachine? Alaska Power Sports has tons of deals on these and loads of accessories! Our snow has finally materialized; get out there and have some fun!
11. A Donation to Your Favorite Outdoor Organization! Do you want to give something back to help ensure the future of our outdoor adventures? Consider a donation or a gift membership to Alaska Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, the Alaska Waterfowl Association or the Midnight Sun Gun Dog Association. Great folks, and some great causes!
12. Halibut and Bottomfish Jigs. Swing by Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle for the lowdown on what you need; they've got the goods for your next saltwater trip!
Buying local fuels the Alaska economy, and helps your fellow outdoorsmen and women who go through the hard work of providing the goods and services we need in order to enjoy the Alaska outdoors. This list is just a small sampling of what's out there. Check out our Directory for hundreds of listings of others who can help you enjoy your next outing in comfort and in style!