Thread: Big Su twards montana

Default Big Su twards montana

Hey guys just wondering if the river is big enough to support a 20 foot olympia with a 35 hp prop. Let me know Im trying to go this weekend buy scared of how low rivers seem to be this year

Default I dont know that I would .....

I have seen plenty of Shallow running jet boats get stuck on the Big Su ... I'm not saying it cannot be done, but I'm not sure I would want to run your boat on it. I have seen plenty of props run on it so the choice is yours.

BTW, last time I was up, the river was very low (compared to a normal year).

-- Gambler

Default River High

Iamthatguy,
    The big Su is higher than normal ,I'm located at the bridge (105) I go down to Montana almost every day in the air boat ,I do not see too many other boats. The current is strong ,Watch out for the sand bars...Lots of them. 20 ft should be fine Maya's brought the Queen down river the other day and I think its about 38 ft.

Roger

Default Zebra Bus

Roger,

Are you the guy with the bus all painted up, argo's and airboat that stays below the bridge?

Just wondering.....

Anyway, how long of run is it from there to the mouth of Montana?

Thanks,
    AK_BigO

Default Thats me

Yep thats me..Its about a 15 -20 min run from the bridge down ,But I'm running the airboat. I live a mile up the road from there . The state frowns on me driving the argos and atvs accross the BigSu bridge So thats why we park there.

Roger