Thread: Fly fishing school

Default Fly fishing school

A friend and I are looking to send our wives to a fly fishing school this summer. I am looking for recommendations on a good instructor for them we could hire, or a school that is already set up and running.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

The Women's Flyfishing classes and trips run by Pudge are probably the best out there, but they're not cheap.

http://www.womensflyfishing.net/

I've watched Pudge with her classes on the water several times. There's no better dollar to be spent for getting a wife/daughter/granddaughter/girlfriend hooked on fly fishing! A real class act, and her students come away with more than a great skill set. They come away loving the fishing. There's more laughing and giggling going on in her classes than any bunch of guys I've ever seen.

Check and see if there are any BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) classes near you - and if there will be a fly fishing component.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Check and see if there are any BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) classes near you - and if there will be a fly fishing component.
    Those classes are generally really, really good (REALLY good), but it's been my impression that the fly fishing classes are really pretty introductory. Someone who's already got the basics isn't going to learn a lot new, although it's always great to have your casting critiqued by someone who's not your spouse and you can always learn something new anywhere. But, a more focused class may be the ticket, or possibly hiring a guide.

I've also heard great things about Pudge. I fish the Chena most days it's not frozen up and I've been considering doing her Chena trip both to tighten up my casting and to see what I can learn from her about my own river.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

[QUOTE=mlshore;1441985]Those classes are generally really, really good (REALLY good), but it's been my impression that the fly fishing classes are really pretty introductory. Someone who's already got the basics isn't going to learn a lot new, although it's always great to have your casting critiqued by someone who's not your spouse and you can always learn something new anywhere. QUOTE]

Must not have been married long if you don't have him trained better than that.

The classes that Pudge runs are a very good deal. She is a world class instructor and her students get far more than they pay for.
    She is a class act

Jerry Jacques
    Master Guide #110