Thread: Good 10-15lb fall tent

Default Good 10-15lb fall tent

Have a guide model 6 man. Awesome tent. But to heavy for certain things, what is a good tent in the 10-15 lb range, mainly for fall hunting. Even the 4 man guide model is a touch heavy. Money not an issue. Any info appreciated. 4 man preferably

Bibler Bomb-shelter. I've got the two man version (Fitzroy) and it's been fantastic. The Bomb-shelter is just a bigger version.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Kifaru tipi.

The North Face VE 25 is under 12 lbs and is bomb proof. You can't stand up in it but there is plenty of room for 2 guys and gear.

Cabelas XPG 4-season runs about 14 pounds and has been reliable for quite a few years.

Default Mountain hardwear Trango4

I have used this tent with 2 or 3 guys on quite a few trips and have been impressed, it has probably only seen 40 mph winds so far but it is a four season tent and I think it would take some really rough weather. I picked it up on sale online for just a little over $300.00.
    IMGP0066.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg

Eureka K2 XT is an excellent 4 season tent. Big vestibule and will handle huge amounts of wind.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thought I'd drop a note in here... you might want to have a look at our Tents, Awnings and Shelters page. It contains a lot of tips of what to look for in a mountaineering tent, including a video I put together a while back on this topic.

Also when it comes to specific brands, a lot of good ones have been mentioned on this page already, but you might also want to check out Terra Nova's mountain tents. I have been using their stuff for many years and it is top-notch. Their Quasar series and their Hyperspace tents are both great.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by trapperbob View Post
    I have used this tent with 2 or 3 guys on quite a few trips and have been impressed, it has probably only seen 40 mph winds so far but it is a four season tent and I think it would take some really rough weather. I picked it up on sale online for just a little over $300.00.
    IMGP0066.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    I really like their products/quality/warrantys..

I have their water proof down sleeping bag.. it's amazing, and I use it on float trips.. no problems..I rarely have to even zip it up.. 5 star accommodations. The stuff sack is COMPLETELY waterproof.. and yes it got tested..fully submersed.. slept dry as a bone.