Thread: Alaska Real Estate Forum

Administrator

Default Alaska Real Estate Forum

Check out our new forum, the Alaska Real Estate Forum!

For several years our members have been asking for a place to buy / sell property in the state of Alaska, but we steered clear of it. There are many places that offer real estate for sale, and we thought it would be too much of a distraction from our central purpose of providing information about the Alaska outdoors. But fishermen and hunters have to live somewhere, and between folks moving here for the first time, people moving Outside, and others who just want to relocate to another area in Alaska, we think this could be a valuable service for our site to offer.

Here's how it works: Contact our office for all new listings: 1 (907) 895-4919. New listings are $25 each, paid up front. When you post your listing, put the LOCATION first, in bold type. This will allow readers to quickly scroll through to the properties to find the areas they are interested in. If the listings get too long, we may add sub-forums to group properties together. Here's a sample format you can use:

===============================
    WASILLA: FSBO 3br. 2ba. 1500 sq. ft. log home on 3 acres of forested land off Trunk Road. Wood stove, new paint inside, kitchen recently remodeled, new laminate floor in living room. Appliances stay. Well and septic. Two-car garage / shop detached. Price: $XXXXX. Call: 1 (907) XXX-XXXX
    ===============================

IF YOU ARE A REALTOR: We will take up to 3 sponsors for this forum. The cost for sponsorship is $800 / year. In exchange, we will give you five "Sticky" posts that will remain at the top of the listings. You may change these listings as often as you like, but you need to do so through our office 1 (907) 895-4919. Because sponsors come in at different times, the sticky at the top of the list will be the most recently posted. Stickies are visible at the top of the listings in the Alaska Real Estate Forum, so your properties are guaranteed to be seen every time someone goes to the forum. Our forums have a huge amount of dedicated traffic, so your chances of your property being seen here are very high.

You may comment on a listing, as long as the comments relate directly to the property listed. No negative comments about the property or the lister are allowed! If there are "issues" with the property, please do not hash them out in our forums. Take those and any detailed discussions of the property outside the forums. We want to make this work for everyone, so if you have suggestions by all means post them here so we can take a look. This is YOUR community!

ADMIN

Question: Can my broker list my property for $25.00 if my broker is NOT a sponsor......???

Second question: If I list my property for $25.00 can I use the forum Private Message system for contact or do I need to list a phone number...???

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Question: Can my broker list my property for $25.00 if my broker is NOT a sponsor......???

Second question: If I list my property for $25.00 can I use the forum Private Message system for contact or do I need to list a phone number...???
    Yes, you may list your property even if it is listed by a broker. And we have no problem at all with folks using the PM system for contact. Remember though, that between 80-90% of our traffic consists of unregistered readers who will not have access to the PM system. A good workaround for that is to have them contact Icebear at 1 (907) 895-4919 to register. It's free, we don't sell their email address to anyone, their privacy is protected and they have access to all the features of the forums.

I just spoke with Icebear and she has to make a run to Fairbanks today. She will be back in the office tomorrow, but if you wish to post a listing, by all means call her and leave a message.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

If I listed Icebears phone number....??? Does she give them my phone number.....??? or does she grant them access to only the Sub-forum "Alaska Real Estate".......which would allow them to private message me......??? I guess I am not understanding why they would not just become a Alaska Outdoors Forum member....???

Sorry to be so thick about this, but I would like to figure out the safest why to do this listing. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Yes, you may list your property even if it is listed by a broker. And we have no problem at all with folks using the PM system for contact. Remember though, that between 80-90% of our traffic consists of unregistered readers who will not have access to the PM system. A good workaround for that is to have them contact Icebear at 1 (907) 895-4919 to register. It's free, we don't sell their email address to anyone, their privacy is protected and they have access to all the features of the forums.

I just spoke with Icebear and she has to make a run to Fairbanks today. She will be back in the office tomorrow, but if you wish to post a listing, by all means call her and leave a message.

Thanks!

-Mike

If I listed Icebears phone number....??? Does she give them my phone number.....??? or does she grant them access to only the Sub-forum "Alaska Real Estate".......which would allow them to private message me......??? I guess I am not understanding why they would not just become a Alaska Outdoors Forum member....???

Sorry to be so thick about this, but I would like to figure out the safest why to do this listing. Thank you for your help.
    I was referring to people who might want to message you but are not currently members. They need to call Icebear to become a member. That's the only way they can use the PM system. Does that make sense?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Yes, accept can't people join the Alaska Outdoors Forum using their computer.......or is this about having to have "X" amount of posts to use PM system....??

Yes, accept can't people join the Alaska Outdoors Forum using their computer.......or is this about having to have "X" amount of posts to use PM system....??
    People can no longer join as members directly from the site, because we disabled that feature. We were getting hit by spammers. So all new registrations happen over the phone with our office in Delta Junction. That's the number I posted.

Here's the bottom line: If someone wants to reach you via the PM system, they have to be a member. If they are not a member, they have to call our office to register. Once they register, they automatically have PM capability.

-Mike

WOW..........Now I understand. I had no idea people had to call to join. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    People can no longer join as members directly from the site, because we disabled that feature. We were getting hit by spammers. So all new registrations happen over the phone with our office in Delta Junction. That's the number I posted.

Here's the bottom line: If someone wants to reach you via the PM system, they have to be a member. If they are not a member, they have to call our office to register. Once they register, they automatically have PM capability.

-Mike

WOW..........Now I understand. I had no idea people had to call to join. Thanks for your help.
    Sorry I was not able to make that clear! Yes, it is frustrating to us too, but it's a product of being a popular site. The spammers want us! When we started manual registration a little over a year ago, we nuked over 10,000 spam accounts from the site. We recovered that number of legitimate members in the next three months. It blew all of us away, as we didn't realize how many people were signing up each month.

We are registering dozens of new members a week now, and because we are talking with them on the phone, we know they are real people. That's why we are opening the PM system to them right away. Under auto-registration we were never sure, so we exempted them from using the PM system until they met a threshold of a certain number of valid posts in our forums.

I like the new way much better, but it is more labor-intensive.

-Mike