Thread: Trapgun Mods

Default Trapgun Mods

I need some advice gents, I have a set of Charles Daly O&Us in 20 and 12 gauge.They were my Dad's and he would shoot trap with the boys often enough that they got in to the rules. I can't get these guns to dryfire(or live) both barrels one after the other. Is it possible that they have been modified to shoot only a selected barrel? They will fire a single barrel only and won't fire the other unless I select that barrel. Is there a simple flick of a switch or what?

Those should be inertia guns. Meaning the second shot is set up by recoil of the first shot. If the inertia block is gummy with old oil, or the loads are too light, they may not function. The lockwork may need cleaning. But first try some heavier loads. Game loads will usually be enough to work most dirty guns. If they function with heavier loads, then they probably need cleaning and a light lube.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Inertia block, well I just learned something! Thank you.

Your guns are a much better grade of gun than those sold under the Daly name the last thirty years.Remember to always use snap cap to dry fire.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Will do. Test fired both today and they worked fine. I learnt something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Your guns are a much better grade of gun than those sold under the Daly name the last thirty years.Remember to always use snap cap to dry fire.
    I don't know that much about them as you might have guessed. They are Miroku like my Browning 1885s. The engraving is well done. My Dad owned them for longer than I can remember. I never really got into to them as I was so in love with the old Model 12, I didn't want to use anything else. My horizons are a bit broader now though.

Browning took over import and named the guns Citori and the rest is history. Your guns have hand engraving very nice guns.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you