Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cold weather sleeping bag/system

Big wiggys fan also. Love 'em!
    Use a piece duct tape to secure a chemical warmer to your backside right at the waistline, kidneys area. Makes a world of difference by adding a bit of heat there when its cold.
    Heck, spoil yourself and one on each side of your spine and you will be toasty......cheap and VERY warm!
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Use a piece duct tape to secure a chemical warmer to your backside right at the waistline, kidneys area. Makes a world of difference by adding a bit of heat there when its cold.
    Heck, spoil yourself and one on each side of your spine and you will be toasty......cheap and VERY warm!
    BK
    Might want to rethink the duct tape if you have much body hair. The waxing scene out of 40 year old virgin comes to mind. OUCH! Thank goodness for my Scandanavian roots!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    BK
    If wiggy's are so warm why do you need chemical warmer?

Hard to explain winter camping unless you have done a couple nights out. You will never be sorry for having packed some of the chemical warmers. I got rid of all my LED lanterns when I winter camped with somebody with a gas lantern. Now I try to use all propane for fuel management simplicity for stove, lantern, and heater. And I have some of the chemical packs. I use them to keep the edge off down around my feet in the sleeping bag.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    If wiggy's are so warm why do you need chemical warmer?
    Because I can and they rock!
    BK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12