Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helly hansen

Default Helly hansen

Anybody know where to buy or try on some HELLY HANSEN in the Wasilla or Anchorage ? I'm looking for the camo rain pants or any rain pants not the bibs. I like to put my hands on things and check them out before I buy them offline.

Thanks in Advance
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I bought a set of Helly Hansen impertech last year. When I took them on the Ivishak river they totally failed. I was completely disappointed in the quality. The seams weren't even sealed. Never again will I purchase hh rain gear.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I think I bought my hh rain pants at sports authority, but they're not camo.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

I know cabelas had them last weekend. I bought a set this year and they were ok. when they stretched a bit on the sewn seams the sewing ripped out. This led to the seams falling apart. Oh and cabelas has a great return policy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Anybody know where to buy or try on some HELLY HANSEN in the Wasilla or Anchorage ?
    Roger,

You could try All Seasons new store at the Parks and Palmer-Wasilla behind Burger King. I haven't been in there but they filled up all that square footage with something. If you need to go to Anchorage I know insaw the jacket at Army/Navy. I saw bottoms but can't remember if they were bibs or pants.

Good luck.

Mountain view sports is a dealer

Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Roger,

You could try All Seasons new store at the Parks and Palmer-Wasilla behind Burger King. I haven't been in there but they filled up all that square footage with something. If you need to go to Anchorage I know insaw the jacket at Army/Navy. I saw bottoms but can't remember if they were bibs or pants.

Good luck.
    I checked there today they only carry Carharts

Mt. View, Army/Navy, Cabelas, Sportsmanship, etc, all have them, I'm on my 4th season for the HH Impertech long jacket, parka. With hip boots, all you need IMO.
    Tony

Thanks for all the replies. I'm looking for something for my return trip to Monty next year. But I hate wearing the bib type rain gear And the way I go thru gear I'm not buying Kryptek way out of my price range

Boondocks in eagle river

BJ's was carrying them

Another vote for B&J Commercial. Great place to buy just about anything worth having.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I bought my Grand Daughter camo Impertech's a Sportsman's in Soldotna.

I ordered mine online from Cabela's. I ordered the impertech top and bottom bibs They arrived quickly and were priced reasonably compared to others. Only thing is the sizes were very specific so I ordered multiple sizes to ensure a good fit. As usual I was able to return the other pair for a full refund to Cabela's. I've worn my several times in the rain as well as on the water. Couldn't be happier with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    Boondocks in eagle river
    Agree, +1 However, I agree with some of the other posters; their quality seems to have slipped a bunch recently. I'd seam seal the items - I've had to silicone up some of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlander View Post
    Agree, +1 However, I agree with some of the other posters; their quality seems to have slipped a bunch recently. I'd seam seal the items - I've had to silicone up some of mine.
    I have a set of HH Impertech (?), and these have been quite good, but are very old and it's time for me to buy another set. The old one was made in the USA, so maybe that's why it's better than the new ones. I imagine that the latter are made in China by now.

Mt View may have a sale on them now.

Wow, really surprised at the bad postings on the Impertech. Mine isn't new anymore and probably 6 or 7 years old. I have since switched to Sitka gear but there is something about the old Impertech that is hard to beat in heavy rain.

Maybe my switch to Sitka is the way to go or the Kuiu Chugach gear that my son has if they have it in stock. Kuiu stinks for stocking inventory.

Have you thought about buying the Helly Hansen Impertech Guide Coat and wearing hip waders on the bottom? After getting my bottom half wet more times than i'd like to remember, I've switched to this combo. The HH Guide Coat is a long-tailed version that comes down to just above your knees. It sheds rain like a champ, especially when walking through the Alaskan brush where every bush hold a gallon of water in it somehow. The hip boots (Lacrosse big chief ankle fit) keep your bottom half dry and are great to have on when you hit the marshy stuff or need to cross a creek. Another bonus, the long tailed coat keeps your rear end dry when you sit down to do some glassing. Give it a thought, you might end up liking the idea.

Tried on some Impertech bibs this weekend at Cabelas. I'm somewhere around 6'2" plus a little and could not find a pair that fit me. They were fine around the mid section but even adjusting the straps out as far as I could, I got some male camel toe action going on. Glad I tried them on before buying.

I also have the long guide coat Flydaho mentioned. He's right; the coat plus hip boots are a great combination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast