Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpine Creek Lodge Annual Forum Ride! March 12, 13, 14, 15th - 2015!

Default Alpine Creek Lodge Annual Forum Ride! March 12, 13, 14, 15th - 2015!

The Forum ride is on again this year. Only have a few spaces left already, so give a call! Can't wait to see you all out here again! You can book one of those nights, or all 4 or whatever works for your schedule. Make sure you tell Jennifer about your 10% discount.

Claude
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Jennifer or Claude,
    Do you have any room still available for these dates? I booked the week after with the Anchorage Snowmobile Club, but if I went with the forum ride I wouldn't have to take as many days from work off! Will have the wife and two kids in tow. Thanks, Jason
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Sorry, we are full up at this time! If we have any cancellations, we'll let you know. We'll at least see you for the other ride!

Thanks, I'll check back from time to time.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Who all are going on this ride? Plan on being at the trail head mid morning to noon on Thursday. Claude how is your gas supply? Can haul my own in if you are running short. Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I'll probably head up there and sleep in a tent if I have too!

We have plenty of gas, so no worries there. It's $7.00 a gallon. Your welcome to bring your own also! No worries there. Looking forward to seeing you back up here, Dan! For who's going, it's the usual suspects of Doug, Jeff, Erik, Ric, Bob, and more. I expect there will be trickling in from the parking lot all day. Looking forward to it! Lot's of new snow the last few days and continuing right now!
    Claude

Sounds good Claude. Will see you all Thursday.

Dan,

We'll probably hit the parking lot late morning on Thursday. We will be riding in with friends who have not been to the lodge before. Checking out Claude's weather cam this morning, it looks like new snow up that way yesterday. We're very much looking forward to going.

Rick

Rick may see you at the parking lot or on the trail. Looking forward to the ride.

There is SNOW up here! I'm in Cantwell now, and there is at least a new 32" since I was here three weeks ago - most of it in the past two days from my understanding. Have fun later this week, fellas - should be good!

What times/days are people going to be at the parking lot??

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    What times/days are people going to be at the parking lot??
    I believe most folks are going in on Thursday. I could state a time but it is unlikely that's the time we will actually be there. My best guess is late morning.

How was the forum ride? I am wondering how the trail faired with all the traffic. If I can get work off I am thinking of heading up that way. Are people having to run scratchers on the road? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    We have plenty of gas, so no worries there. It's $7.00 a gallon. Your welcome to bring your own also! No worries there. Looking forward to seeing you back up here, Dan! For who's going, it's the usual suspects of Doug, Jeff, Erik, Ric, Bob, and more. I expect there will be trickling in from the parking lot all day. Looking forward to it! Lot's of new snow the last few days and continuing right now!
    Claude

The road has tons of snow on it. The first seven miles is a little bumpy, but not nearly as bad as any other major trail in the state. I was still going 40mph towing a sled with an RMK in it with my Bearcat. I did break a couple ratchet straps, though I'm not sure you'd even need scratchers, but I saw a few folks with them down on their Pro RMK's. Snow conditions change drastically depending on the valley/drainage you are in. There is still tons of powder in places, while windblown crust is prevalent in others. A shovel is mandatory off trail. Getting stuck in that windblown crust is no fun.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Any one have pictures to post from this last weekend? Sounds like everyone had a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The road has tons of snow on it. The first seven miles is a little bumpy, but not nearly as bad as any other major trail in the state. I was still going 40mph towing a sled with an RMK in it with my Bearcat. I did break a couple ratchet straps, though I'm not sure you'd even need scratchers, but I saw a few folks with them down on their Pro RMK's. Snow conditions change drastically depending on the valley/drainage you are in. There is still tons of powder in places, while windblown crust is prevalent in others. A shovel is mandatory off trail. Getting stuck in that windblown crust is no fun.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

If you have Facebook there are a bunch on the clearwater mountain riders page...a couple of the folks posted there...it was cold but it was a great time as always...Its always a great time at the Alpine Creek Lodge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    Any one have pictures to post from this last weekend? Sounds like everyone had a good time!
    I have a tough time taking pics other than group photos. Plus, the temps weren't too conducive to camera use. Like Bob says, there are pics on Facebook at the Alpine Creek page and the Clearwater Mountain Riders page.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Any reports on the road to the lodge as of late? Want to get out one more time away from the arctic man crowd.
    Thanks
    GS

Rumor has it that DOT has or was going to clear the road so that work on the Big Su bridge could get started. Otherwise.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast