Thread: Clays reloading powder

Default Clays reloading powder

Does anyone know where to find clays reloading powder (see attached picture) locally in either anchorage or the valley?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG  

Im guessing this is going to be a special order. Is this not a popular loading powder in Anchorage/Valley?

Snowhawk Distributors in Eagle River.
    Jerry 694-6417.

Shotgun powder, in handgun its a replacement for Bullseye or Unique. Common enough, Sportsman's normally stocks it and Cabellas should . . . hit or miss at like Boondocks or Great Northern.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Is this the best cleanest powder that can be used to reload hand gun ammo

Awesome thank you I will give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Superx View Post
    Snowhawk Distributors in Eagle River.
    Jerry 694-6417.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Is this the best cleanest powder that can be used to reload hand gun ammo
    Arguably not.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Does anyone know where to find clays reloading powder (see attached picture) locally in either anchorage or the valley?
    You could look for Universal Clay as a replacement. The universal is closer to Unique in burn rate as opposed to the clays which is closer to Bullseye or Titegroup.

What are you trying to load? While Clays is versatile like the others we listed they are all okay for a lot of things but only best at just that . . . being okay in a lot of things. What is "best and cleanest" will depend on what handgun you are loading and with what bullet.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm most of the way thru my second 8 lb jug of Universal and that a lot of powder thru my 550B. I use it in darn near every pistol for practice and most light loads in the heavy revolvers too. It's not the cleanest but it's not that bad. I have a Glock 22 that has at least 85,000 rounds thru it between myself and 3 off spring and it gets cleaned when it needs it...maybe every 1500 rounds or so. We shot IDPA with it and it never fails with Ranier bullets and Universal. It's also been used a lot in 9mm and 45 ACP too. I think it's pretty good stuff and this makes me think I need to get the kids to start buying powder and bullets!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I think I have a pound on my shelf, I'll check tomorrow

...I'm getting back into reloading after a 2 year hiatus. I have an 8# jug of Clays. Guy behind the counter at Sportsman's said, "Where'd you get that? The plant burned down 2 years ago!". Now this thread makes it sound like the stuff is still in production ...yes or no? I can't find Trail Boss for my light .38 Spl loads, so I'm going to have to crack open my precious jug of Clays... anyone seen Trail Boss anywhere?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    ...I'm getting back into reloading after a 2 year hiatus. I have an 8# jug of Clays. Guy behind the counter at Sportsman's said, "Where'd you get that? The plant burned down 2 years ago!". Now this thread makes it sound like the stuff is still in production ...yes or no? I can't find Trail Boss for my light .38 Spl loads, so I'm going to have to crack open my precious jug of Clays... anyone seen Trail Boss anywhere?

Brian
    I think the guy at SWS is full of it.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Yes, there was a fire at the Australian plant that makes Clays. It was a relatively minor event that only affected the drying machine that makes Clays.

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handlo...news.asp#item0
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ