Thread: AKF&W DALL SHEEP harvest meeting TONIGHT.

Default AKF&W DALL SHEEP harvest meeting TONIGHT.

UAF Campus , Murie Auditorium

6;30 to 8;30 tonight.

new proposals will be discussed.

Just to et ya know.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

See you there neighbor

Can you guys give a brief review on what was discussed. I plan on attending the one in Anchorage on Friday night.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

where and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    Can you guys give a brief review on what was discussed. I plan on attending the one in Anchorage on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by acelia8912 View Post
    where and when?
    The Anchorage meeting will be held at Loussac Library on November 21, 2014, from
    6:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Boy, Great turn out tonight.

Looked like about 100 people showed .

It was very informative although none of the upcoming proposals where open for conversation or comments.

This was more of a fact finding summery from UAF & AKF&W , that Verifies we ( Sheep Hunters, Guides & Transporters ) all have valid concerns about Sheep populations & hunting for all of us.

I will bet the Board meeting in February is going to be VERY heated just by some of the attitudes of this meeting.

I wish I could have stayed around & visited but my bladder was Bursting & couldn't see a rest room anywhere. LOL

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks

Was an excellent informative meeting I thought, with some good Q&A as well. Great turnout. Wish I could have met more AOD members. RJ, the restroom was right down the hall to the left <grin>.

Should be a good meeting in Anchorage as well, should be several BOG members there too.

Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations? I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey and would be very interested in the preliminary findings. Hopefully I (we) won't have to wait for the BOG meeting to hear more...

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Wx View Post
    Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations? I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey and would be very interested in the preliminary findings. Hopefully I (we) won't have to wait for the BOG meeting to hear more...

Bryan
    Don't know about the presentations being posted online (hard copies were handed out), but they said the full report would be available online around mid-December.

It would be great if someone with a hard copy could upload a PFD copy for the rest of us to review.

Were there any hints as to how the problems might be addressed? State wide draw or non-resident cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey...
    With the contention of this topic I was expecting a little better completion percentage.

I'll see you guys at the Anchorage presentation tomorrow night.

Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations?
    Bryan
    We (the audience) were told that the presentation would be posted on the ADFG website. I'd give them a little time - they're probably busy preparing for the Anchorage meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by AK flyster View Post
    Were there any hints as to how the problems might be addressed? State wide draw or non-resident cap?
    The presentation was about the survey - not about what the BOG might do to address the problem. They did take a lot of questions from the audience which I give them full credit for. The discussion got a little heated at one point and they nipped it in the bud, thankfully. A lot of good information was presented.

One thing I will say that might help with the Board meeting in February is that if you want your Statement to be taken into account, good or bad,

get your name on the agenda so you can present your views.

I have been to a bunch of government meetings & this is the proper way to voice your opinions .

A LOT of Alaskans have good ideas that can help guide decisions of the board , but just yelling from the fence is just a waist of breath.

RJ Simington

For those that would like a copy of the survey results PDF, PM me and I will send you a copy by email.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    For those that would like a copy of the survey results PDF, PM me and I will send you a copy by email.
    pm sent to your mail box

Quote Originally Posted by driveacub View Post
    pm sent to your mail box
    Has to be emailed so please include an email address.
    Founding Member

If anyone that has ask, has not received the file PM me again. I believe I have sent it out to all that have ask.

just a reminder that the meeting is in Anchorage tonight. BOG members will be there, so a good turn out is important.

The Anchorage meeting will be held at Loussac Library on November 21, 2014, from
    6:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m.
    Founding Member

Have to work tonight, would like to hear how the meeting goes here in Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
    Have to work tonight, would like to hear how the meeting goes here in Anchorage
    Good information shared, good turnout. Probably 80 people in attendance, pretty decent Q&A session after both presentations. I am particularly glad to see the resident concerns being recorded and communicated. What the BoG does with those concerns is another matter entirely, but at least that voice is being put forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Good information shared, good turnout. Probably 80 people in attendance, pretty decent Q&A session after both presentations. I am particularly glad to see the resident concerns being recorded and communicated. What the BoG does with those concerns is another matter entirely, but at least that voice is being put forth.
    Thanks for the update!