Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chewing while trapping.

Default chewing while trapping.

i am under the medicinal spell of the magical wonder we like to call copenhagen, a somewhat heavy user of it. I was curious if the juice expectorated every 20 steps would attract or deter animals from your trail? if it matters its the regular Cope LC, though i was wondering if a sweeter dip would attract marten, maybe a bit of cherry skoal? just curious if any body has seen negative or positive effects of it on the line.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Chewing is bad, m'kay?

Ha ha ha , on a serious note I would think the foreign smell would be bad for a trap line, but maybe for species that aren't real scent driven like lynx you'd be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Chewing is bad, m'kay?

Ha ha ha , on a serious note I would think the foreign smell would be bad for a trap line, but maybe for species that aren't real scent driven like lynx you'd be ok?

keeps me awake, gets me goin, i work alot of 20+ hour shifts, which is why i started a couple years ago.. now anytime i try to quit my co workers tell me to start again cause for some reason they dont like me gettin all mad and pissy at them haha!

thats kinda what i was thinking, i wasnt sure if theyd be curious cause its not a "human" smell, like body odor or 2 day old hamburger grease and ketchup, or if its nasty and repulsive and will make everything avoid my line for 5 miles.. though provoking.. maybe another reason i should quit or substantionally cut back?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Not a Southpark fan? That's a famous line from Southpark, would have been much funnier if you were!

I actually tried it once and knew I better not do it twice! Interesting stuff.

You may be right about that being a good motivator to quit!

Not a Southpark fan? That's a famous line from Southpark, would have been much funnier if you were!

I actually tried it once and knew I better not do it twice! Interesting stuff.

You may be right about that being a good motivator to quit!

Never heard of south park.. Tv show ?

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Never heard of south park.. Tv show ?
    Yeah, it's a cartoon of 3rd grade kids exploring the problems of modern society in a very adult satire. It's definitely not a children's cartoon.

Search YouTube for mr. Mackey drugs are bad m'kay. Pretty funny stuff!

Hahaha! That was a good chuckle!

Hahaha! That was a good chuckle!
    Glad you liked it! Hope my first comment made more sense now, I swear I'm not crazy!

Glad you liked it! Hope my first comment made more sense now, I swear I'm not crazy!
    Yes it did! And im not totaly posative your not

Yes it did! And im not totaly posative your not
    Ha ha ha, fair enough...

Real men don't spit On a predator line you better swallow it, marten and water critters like beaver and otter chew away, combination line like most guys run better off having selected places to empty your mouth or do like I did and learn to swallow it. Better off just quit been 5 yrs or so now for me and after chewing since I was in middle school makes me wonder why I didn't quit sooner
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Gut it while on the trail.

Or smoke while on the trail.

I chewed from age 16 to 35, quit cold turkey one day and I wished I had never started. Besides all the mouth cancers chicks love guys with bad breath and brown teeth... You are young, stop if you can its not worth it! Bubble gum can help kick the habit!
    I agree on predator lines it would not be a good idea to spit!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I am with Otterman and Smokey. I chewed a can of COpenhagen a day for over 20 years, (OK maybe a bit less for the first couple of years)

I quit cold turkey 3 years ago and it was a bugger to quit. Really glad I quit, but still miss having a chew when hunting and trapping....

As far as spitting, I used to have a container on my snowmachine to spit into. If not, I'd spit on the cowling or the running boards behind where my feet touched it. I never intentionally spit near a set except for weasel family and water animals...

Good luck on the trapline. (Think of what you could buy with that 10 bucks a can you're spending on Cope!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    (Think of what you could buy with that 10 bucks a can you're spending on Cope!!!)

20 years x 365 x $10 =.............$73000

Fortunately for me when I started chewing in 1985, a can of copenhagen was about 90 cents. Unfortunately for me, between smokes and chew over the 25 years, I probably did waste about that much money.

Switch to longhorn fine cut natural...save about $4 a can. I'd like to say quit, but remember, nobody likes a quitter. Don't spit on your trail!
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-19-2014 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I am with Otterman and Smokey. I chewed a can of COpenhagen a day for over 20 years, (OK maybe a bit less for the first couple of years)

I quit cold turkey 3 years ago and it was a bugger to quit. Really glad I quit, but still miss having a chew when hunting and trapping....

As far as spitting, I used to have a container on my snowmachine to spit into. If not, I'd spit on the cowling or the running boards behind where my feet touched it. I never intentionally spit near a set except for weasel family and water animals...

Good luck on the trapline. (Think of what you could buy with that 10 bucks a can you're spending on Cope!!!)
    I am finishing off my last can tomorrow morning then im quitting cold turkey, we will see how it goes! As for 10 bucksa can, i think mine is only 5. 50. I dont use the fancy flavored stuff still,the 150 bucks a month would pay almost pay for a small car payment.. Quit chewing, get a new car. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_h View Post
    Switch to longhorn fine cut natural...save about $4 a can. I'd like to say quit, but remember, nobody likes a quitter.
    Where do you find long horn?
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-19-2014 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Real men don't spit On a predator line you better swallow it, marten and water critters like beaver and otter chew away, combination line like most guys run better off having selected places to empty your mouth or do like I did and learn to swallow it. Better off just quit been 5 yrs or so now for me and after chewing since I was in middle school makes me wonder why I didn't quit sooner
    Hey, spitters diserve the same treatment as swallowers, there should be no discrimination! I should start a movement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast