Thread: adapter to use cell phone over aviation head set

Default adapter to use cell phone over aviation head set

Does anyone know of a device to wire in your cell phone to your aviation head set so you can make cell calls from your plane?

They used to be common. I used a Safety Cell for several years. It worked. Most of us who like external output into our headsets have gone to bluetooth headsets like Bose or Zulus for phone and streaming music without added boxes.
    http://www.skygeek.com/pa-86a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    They used to be common. I used a Safety Cell for several years. It worked. Most of us who like external output into our headsets have gone to bluetooth headsets like Bose or Zulus for phone and streaming music without added boxes.
    http://www.skygeek.com/pa-86a.html
    Nice, do you have a link to the wireless ones? I would imagine you would still need a box that the head set ties into or did most of you go to wireless aviation head sets? I might be really behind the times with my set up. If I could have everything wireless that would be ideal. I am sure a little box would have to plug into the 2 jacks for the head set though.

Uh wireless... Headset and phone/music use Bluetooth... Use Bluetooth headset...

No box's needed with Bluetooth. Plug headset into the femal jacks and enable bluetooth on your phone. Pair it with your headset and your good to go. Makes checking in with the Mrs a lot easier.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Does anyone have a link to the head sets or device to tie all these things together. A box would have to plug into the 2 jacks on the plane so that you could interface with the aircrafts radio and intercom. That same blue tooth would have to relay in your iphone to your head set as well along with any music that might be playing. Does david clark make a wireless head set? David clarks are the only ones that fit in my leather hat thing that keeps my head set from falling off when im upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    No box's needed with Bluetooth. Plug headset into the femal jacks and enable bluetooth on your phone. Pair it with your headset and your good to go. Makes checking in with the Mrs a lot easier.

This is one the connects with your non-Bluetooth headset, www.pilotblulink.com

So those cables going into the device must branch out to 2 wires in order to plug into the 2 jacks. It also seems really bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by betheldude View Post
    This is one the connects with your non-Bluetooth headset, www.pilotblulink.com

http://www.go-dcpro.com

Here is the DC headset with bluetooth. I found this thanks to Google, so I don't have any experience with this headset. I have been very happy with my Lightspeed Zulu but don't use it with my phone very often.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    So those cables going into the device must branch out to 2 wires in order to plug into the 2 jacks. It also seems really bulky.
    Combined with your headset you do end up with about 6 feet of cables. For what it's worth, I have one and it does work reasonably well.