Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Alaskan Show - feedback from the pros

Default Best Alaskan Show - feedback from the pros

Out of all the Alaskan shows on TV which is your favorite and why? Focusing mainly on survival and hunting/fishing/trapping, the stuff we like as hunters. I have to vote for Life Below Zero. I like how it jumps around to various rural locations and shows the lifestyle there. Also is shows failures just as much as successes for the activities. Hunting is always a main theme for the show. Haven't seen the Kodiak show yet but have watched many others - Yukon men, etc.

LBZ for sure

Alaska Outdoors TV. It's the only one that deserves the title of "reality show".
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The eight to ten minuets of the Hailstone's each week LBZ,fast forward is a great tool. Also Alaska Outdoors.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Dropped Project Alaska. One month float hunting Alaskas wild rivers.

Edge of Alaska- Gary is a Stud.

LBZ- Hailstones are legit.

Mountain Men- Marty and Taj.

Alaska Outdoors Television is really the only "Alaska" show I watch any more. Every once in a while I catch life below zero because of the Hailstones though.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    Dropped Project Alaska. One month float hunting Alaskas wild rivers.
    That's a cryptic post. Can you clarify? We don't do TV around here, is Project Alaska a reality show? Also what do you mean by "one month float hunting Alaska's wild rivers"?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Rusted Rooster Production. Two Wisconsin Farmers -the Keefer Brothers- come to Alaska and float different rivers. They floated the Sheenjek their first season. They took a 30 day multiple species packtrain based hunt in the Yukon during their second season. This year they are floating down a river in SW Alaska. They generally use Larry Bartlett as their hunt planner for logistics, rafts, tents(they like the Arctic Oven Tents) so they have good gear. However, why a lot of Alaskans like it is that hunting in Alaska is tough and in a sense of Shadenfreunde (German Word meaning that we like watching folks suffer) these fellas get their behinds handed back to them. They have taken some caribou, a couple of moose and the jury is out on their current season but much of the show revolves them dealing with cold and misery which is just a part of life up here.
    They have a very good film crew and the scenery is very good.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Alaska TV shows are just too fake to enjoy. All of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

What he said
    [
    QUOTE=Rod in Wasilla;1438743]Alaska TV shows are just too fake to enjoy. All of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

"Forum Wars--Surviving Winter in the Far North" It is on every day almost all year. The cast of characters is limited to those who have internet/chair access. The only bad part about the show is having to read instead of just listen and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    "Forum Wars--Surviving Winter in the Far North" It is on every day almost all year. The cast of characters is limited to those who have internet/chair access. The only bad part about the show is having to read instead of just listen and watch.
    +1........
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    Edge of Alaska- Gary is a Stud.

LBZ- Hailstones are legit.

Mountain Men- Marty and Taj.
    Gary is lucky to be alive for sure. Seems like a good guy. Haven't caught the show but a couple times.....

Chip and Agnes.....the real deal as we all know. Sue needs a man......or a woman, whichever she's "into", so she doesn't go absolutely crazy up there someday.....(but it's probably too late......lol)

Marty seems like a pretty good guy that knows what he's doing. But (even tho no in AK.) I really like the old boy Tom. The rest of them I really don't care for. Rich is a nutjob that thinks his sh*t don't stink.

Did they cancel the other one.....what was it where they raced from place to place in different areas of AK...??? If they did I won't miss it.......pretty much a joke.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Watched ak outdoors twice, won't anymore.
    LBZ, only watch it for the hailstones, I know that's real and I miss village life. The rest I can live without.
    Not the kodiak guide show....ugh.
    Not the mountain men
    Ya pretty much don't like any of them....except LBZ.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

What's all the fuss about "hailstones"? They ruin crops, break your shingles and dent my Honey Crisp apples.

Its pretty cool to have folks that knew me before LBZ recognize that were just being ourselfs. The editors do their thing after we do ours. Unlike a scripted show, where a producer keeps "Continuity", in plot, clothes, and little things, the theme and such, but we change hats, take off jackets, leave sleds and blow off a well made plans for something right in front of us 'cause thats the way it happens. Since he's not busy with directing things, the producer also films, and mostly asks tons of questions......... and Go Pros come in very handy for about 3/4ths of the action.

It didnt start easy, but weve improved and smoothed.......Whats really made this much better and factual is the experience of our camera crew, and after the first season a story producer that did documentarys, and she's sharp. They can get up and go easily, the learning curve is over, and our Camera guy Ollie really knows Noorvik, the people, the trails and such, so they know where were going and can anticipate us quite well, and get shots with out getting in the way.

Sometimes Nat Geo screws up, they called recently, and declared that they would have to scrap 2 episodes because the shotgun Agnes used was too big to be "legal" and that a 10 gauge was the largest legally allowable, and that the 12 gauge wasnt legal because it was bigger....... ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Chip, you and Agnes rock. Best Alaska show.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Sometimes Nat Geo screws up, they called recently, and declared that they would have to scrap 2 episodes because the shotgun Agnes used was too big to be "legal" and that a 10 gauge was the largest legally allowable, and that the 12 gauge wasnt legal because it was bigger....... ~~LOL!!~~
    Oh now that's waaaaaay too funny...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Watched ak outdoors twice, won't anymore.
    LBZ, only watch it for the hailstones, I know that's real and I miss village life. The rest I can live without.
    Not the kodiak guide show....ugh.
    Not the mountain men
    Ya pretty much don't like any of them....except LBZ.
    Be nice Jake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast