Thread: Hotel Help

Default Hotel Help

Hey Folks. I will be in Anchorage for the day on Friday enroute to Kodiak. I need to pick up a package at Barney's.

Could someone please recommend a decent hotel that is "close" to the airport and to Barney's? If there is such a thing.

Either way I need a hotel.

Thanx for helping a Canuck out.

Holiday Inn Express and the Courtyard Marriott are both on Spenard road near the airport and decent hotels. Barney's is a short taxi ride from either one.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
    Hey Folks. I will be in Anchorage for the day on Friday enroute to Kodiak. I need to pick up a package at Barney's.

Could someone please recommend a decent hotel that is "close" to the airport and to Barney's? If there is such a thing.

Either way I need a hotel.

Thanx for helping a Canuck out.
    Stay away from puffin inn. I've stayed at the holiday inn it was good. The marriott was good. So was comfort inn. I usually stay down town though.

Thank you very much Guys.....very much appreciated.

quite a few hotels near the intersection of C Street and International Airport Rd. Major chains, good prices, clean rooms, newer hotels. Fairly short taxi ride to either the airport or Barney's. The Holiday Inn and Marriott on Spenard would be good choices too. The Coast is across the street from the last two there, and very cheap, but I wouldn't stay there.

Another thing is you are coming to AK when hotel prices are very affordable. I recently stayed at the Captain Cook for less than $150 a night (including parking).

I try to stay around the $100/night range. I've been in some shady hotels in ANC. The only one I left was the Puffin Inn. It was that bad, but I was placed in the old section.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    quite a few hotels near the intersection of C Street and International Airport Rd. Major chains, good prices, clean rooms, newer hotels. Fairly short taxi ride to either the airport or Barney's. The Holiday Inn and Marriott on Spenard would be good choices too. The Coast is across the street from the last two there, and very cheap, but I wouldn't stay there.
    I stayed at the Motel 6 in that area a few weeks ago, not what I consider cheap though about $120, but Alaska Tent and Tarp is right across the street. I don't think they have as many demo models set up as at the Fairbanks location though.

Here's another idea that I'm going to start using. An Alternative to the impersonal hotel chains. Use the little sliding bar to select your price range.
    https://www.airbnb.com/s/Anchorage--AK--United-States

Not sure how important it is to you, but we have found the millenium to be pretty quiet. The hotels right on the road can be pretty loud.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I second the millennium

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Here's another idea that I'm going to start using. An Alternative to the impersonal hotel chains. Use the little sliding bar to select your price range.
    https://www.airbnb.com/s/Anchorage--AK--United-States
    I love B&bs. I've yet to stay in one in Alaska. Usually because my trips to town are for conferences and I stay where they are held. When traveling iwb our family most B&Bs say no tithe little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Another thing is you are coming to AK when hotel prices are very affordable. I recently stayed at the Captain Cook for less than $150 a night (including parking).

I try to stay around the $100/night range. I've been in some shady hotels in ANC. The only one I left was the Puffin Inn. It was that bad, but I was placed in the old section.
    Yep, that's the old section of the Puffin Inn. It's seperate from the main building and it's a sh**-hole...
    Request the main building and you're living large. Very nice and very affordable right now too. About a $15 cab ride to Barneys from there and it's got a free shuttle to the airport, running every hour on the hour.
    I stay there every time that I fly down from the slope and I've got no complaints. Have been for a few yrs now, NO problems.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    Yep, that's the old section of the Puffin Inn. It's seperate from the main building and it's a sh**-hole...
    Request the main building and you're living large. Very nice and very affordable right now too. About a $15 cab ride to Barneys from there and it's got a free shuttle to the airport, running every hour on the hour.
    I stay there every time that I fly down from the slope and I've got no complaints. Have been for a few yrs now, NO problems.
    We booked off the new section reviews. And it was full. I was very disappointed by the room. I have thought about trying it again, b/c of the affordability of it.

I just couldn't handle the smell of the old room.

When in Anchorage Comfort Suites on International Airport Road has become my 1st choice. Quiet, nice rooms, pool, workout room, fair prices, & a free bfast that's worth $15 anywhere in town. Free shuttle to airport & not too far from Barney's. 907-243-8080
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

DO NOT stay at the Spenard Hotel!! I lost my virginity there. That should be self explanatory.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    DO NOT stay at the Spenard Hotel!! I lost my virginity there. That should be self explanatory.
    Not quite.......how much?

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    What was his name?
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    When in Anchorage Comfort Suites on International Airport Road has become my 1st choice. Quiet, nice rooms, pool, workout room, fair prices, & a free bfast that's worth $15 anywhere in town. Free shuttle to airport & not too far from Barney's. 907-243-8080
    another vote for the comfort suites. The breakfast was good (for buffett style hotel breakfast) and the room was spacey.

Same here comfort suites.. Stay there whenever we have to go into town.

Sounds like you're already there, however, I had a good stay at the Embassy Suites. Recommend it over Millineum.