Thread: First Animal with my Encore

Default First Animal with my Encore

I've killed two brown bears before, one with a 45-70, the other with a 300 win mag however, over the last year I've fell in love with my Encore 50 cal. I think I'll just shoot the smoke pole only for now any way. I killed a 5' 9" blackie last week at 40 yards, using 130 grains of Pryodex, Winchester Caps, and Hornady 300gr SST/Sabots. I hold great groups out to 175 and my little blackie went straight down.

Congrats, man! You got any pictures to share? Where do you do your shooting? I'm ready to get back into shooting my caplock again.

Talking

Way to go Wilder. You dont have any pictures? I am feeling the same way you do with the muzzleloader. I am going to hunt exclusively with it this year. Even taking it on my sheep hunt! Also taking it to montague for deer. Gonna use it for moose also.

Nice job on the bear. I can hardly wait to shoot mine again. Got to get to the range again. Post up some pics in the harvest sticky, it would be great to see.
    Joel.

Default Congrats~!

post a pic if you can....

Frank

Congrats! Sounds like great performance. At that range 130 grains must have really delivered a wollop.

Default Congrats

Nice job wilder. I am going to try my first animal this spring with my smoke pole. Hopefully the blackies will cooperate. I too would like to see a pic of your trophy if you can post one.

Good job. I've used that same bullet lots in a couple of cartridge guns, and it's a good performer at a wide range of velocities.