Thread: Airboat Ice Fishing ?????

Default Airboat Ice Fishing ?????

I am itching to get out fishing , but I REALLY want to get the Airboat out too.

My thought, When the ice gets thicker take the boat out to Birch lake or one of the other lakes close to Fairbanks & go fishing.

That way we can sit in the cumfey seats of the boat & not have to freeze our feet of either.

Of coarse my boat doesn't have a cabin so it will still be cold , but a cool idea I think.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

I like the idea. I've been out the last couple months duck hunting with mine. It's been a blast jumping up on the ice and running the snow covered marsh. I just wish there was some more snow to help the boat bite into something with steering inputs. Bottom line though you might see me out there!

Quote Originally Posted by nosner View Post
    I like the idea. I've been out the last couple months duck hunting with mine. It's been a blast jumping up on the ice and running the snow covered marsh. I just wish there was some more snow to help the boat bite into something with steering inputs. Bottom line though you might see me out there!
    Nosner, have you been finding any open water that will hold a few ducks? Glad to hear people are still hunting. Bud
    Wasilla

Yes the Delta Clearwater river is still open from the campground. Ducks have been holding in the open marsh areas along the river. The boat wake tends to loosen up ice sheets holding on the sides. They then start flowing down so you just need to be careful to avoid them when running back up river.