Thread: Lehigh Defense bullets

Default Lehigh Defense bullets

Has anyone used these? Interesting web site and products.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.p...remium-bullets
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Their solids look interesting, but I don't imagine they'll last long once ATF catches wind of them.... The only shipping option that came up for me was FedEx Next Day @ $46, which is a deal breaker. They're going to have to be willing to ship USPS if they want my business.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Posting that link here must have crashed their poor lil website.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Their solids look interesting, but I don't imagine they'll last long once ATF catches wind of them.... The only shipping option that came up for me was FedEx Next Day @ $46, which is a deal breaker. They're going to have to be willing to ship USPS if they want my business.
    Why do you think the ATF would have an issue with the company or their bullets?

ATF is already looking at the Barnes Solids, as being something that the general public should not have. This has something to do with bullets that could go through armor. Barnes pulled several of their bullets off the market a while back, waiting on a ruling from ATF.
    I feel that it all just B.S. but who am I?

Barnes didn't pull them off voluntarily, the ATF told them too.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    Why do you think the ATF would have an issue with the company or their bullets?
    Not the company, but the solids. They're the spitting image of the Barnes solids...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Do those people really think it takes a solid to go through body armor. Body armor might stand up to a 416Rem 400gr soft point at 2400fps but the guy inside won't. Even an 06 with ball ammo is hard to stop with body armor. I wonder why our govt is so set against it's citizens having the same stuff to play with they have.

I bought and tested their 194g subsonic expanding bullet in my 300BLK SBR, and was pretty impressed. At sub speeds (1050fps) I got full expansion no weight loss.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=141&t=91527

They told me there is a dealer in Anchorage now - originally I had to have them shipped to a friend outside and he put them in a flat rate box for me. I was given this as the dealer:

The place is Rick’s Guns and Reloading in Anchorage. And phone number is 907-345-9876

I've not heard of it, and not tried to contact them yet however.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

I am very good friends with the company's lead R&D guy who is a part owner. I have been telling them for years they needed to get their bullets up to some of you guys in AK! I cannot imagine a better bullet for bear defense than Lehigh's XP. I have passed along the concern expressed here about the shipping and I assure you the issue will be considered at the top of the company.

They are not a flash-in-the-pan company. They have been around for 8 years or so, the market has just been slow to catch on.

I have no vested interest in the company whatsoever. I just have witnessed, and even participated in, a great deal of the testing that they have been doing for many years; heck several of my guns were used as test platforms! I believe in their products. They are good, down to earth, gun guys and would be happy to discuss anything about their products or guns in general for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Not the company, but the solids. They're the spitting image of the Barnes solids...
    They might look similar to the Barnes bullet in profile, but the noses are quite different on Lehigh's solids and the majority of their bullets are hollow points.

Evan sold me...I'm going to give them a try.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.