Thread: Anyone been out calling yet?

Default Anyone been out calling yet?

I am waiting till the fur gets a little better but was wondering if anyone has had success?

Been scouting, find a few new stands, bathroom remodel is keeping me home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya, I been so busy with moving I haven't even had time to scout!

Got out a couple times close to fairbanks but nothing yet, I'm thinking I might get out for a long night this weekend.

That sounds like fun, I live on wainwright and been thinking about an all nighted myself.

I bought a new Foxpro this year and I just couldnt stand not giving it a try. No fox no yotes but we actually called in 2 ermine. Both were in full winter white already. It was really cool to see. Hoping for some better weather so we can get busy.

Thats cool zeda,

What Foxpro did you get. I have a firestorm and looking to upgrade. I went out for a few today on the way home from work and called for about 15 minutes but no takers.

Was deer hunting on raspberry Island this last week and got two Fox down there

Well went out for a bit calling to try the new ATV. Got into an area I haven't hunted before and did some calling with hand calls. I was calling this large meadow for a bit and when I decided to move to the next spot. As I headed up the trail around the meadow I saw fresh tracks where a coyote had come straight in, cut through the bush to the edge of the meadow and then must have saw me and took off. It would have been about a 300yd shot if I had seen him, but there is always next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2780.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	82162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2794.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	82163This Season as started off pretty hot! So far have callen in and shot 2 fox this early season. Time on the trapline offers plenty of times to call.,.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Congrats Joe, those are some good looking fox!

Nice job! I have yet to call in an area with fox, I'd like to do that some day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool45 View Post
    Well went out for a bit calling to try the new ATV. Got into an area I haven't hunted before and did some calling with hand calls. I was calling this large meadow for a bit and when I decided to move to the next spot. As I headed up the trail around the meadow I saw fresh tracks where a coyote had come straight in, cut through the bush to the edge of the meadow and then must have saw me and took off. It would have been about a 300yd shot if I had seen him, but there is always next time.
    My first time trying this calling thing was this year. Had same thing happen to me...Except they were wolf tracks! It stopped at my footprints, turned around, hauled ass. 250 yards from me. Live and learn...
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

WOW, went out calling Sunday and didn't see any fresh sign in the areas that were all tracked up the weekend before. Nothing came into the calls and I couldn't even get an answer back to my howling. Think this snow we got up here and warmer weather got them moving? I am thinking about trying up the elliott this weekend.

Finally got a chance to get out this morning. We made three different sets, but no fur. We did get the coyotes to talk with us though and that is always fun. Being that the area we were in, is heavy woods and does get a fair amount of pressure, we did not expect much. Besides, it was nice to just get out again!

I tried to get into a new area but it wasn't as remote as I had hoped. Saw very few tracks from anything but snow machines. What's the bag limit on those?

Anyone having success calling? In two weekends I haven't even got a howl back from a lot of calling. I can't even get anything to hit my traps. Starting to wonder if its the weather or I suck that bad.