Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You VETERANS for your SERVICE....True Deep Thank You.

Default Thank You VETERANS for your SERVICE....True Deep Thank You.

I truly honor, and have the deepest respect for all veterans. And a special appreciation for those currently serving, for the gift of keeping me safe and free.

THANK YOU to ALL WHO HAVE SERVED, and THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING....

ďThe true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.Ē.

.. and that is his/her family and supportive people of his country.

Appreciation for all Patriots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

A lot of veterans don't get the credit they deserve, and the incompetent officers don't get what they deserve. My Dad was sent out to guard the right flank with another rifleman with only 1 clip apiece for their M-1'S. He was the last living survivor of the 20 men of Charlie Company who lived. They took the brunt of the attack 8-31-1950 from the N. Koreans. He questioned his Sgt. about the lack of ammo because he had done occupation duty in Korea and he knew they were in a dangerous area, The Sgt. replied that's all the Capt. ordered. Needless to say he was captured along with his Sgt.
    If any anybody is interested in Military history they should read "Killing Patton" you will be amazed by the incompetent generals and how political it was.

I have no illusions that current military actions are keeping us safe or free, but I salute all those who serve or have served honorably.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Flor and I salute and thank all who have stood watch past, present and those yet to serve and the families that support them. If those that make war, fought them, the world would be a more peaceful place.

Last edited by stid2677; 11-10-2014 at 00:16.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Seems odd that I get the day off because other people worked as*ses off in conditions I couldn't even imagine. Seems like I should have to work an extra day this week.

Let's remember the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, 1918...Armistice Day.The "Big" One...the war to end all wars.

And we didn't come back until it was over...over there.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Flor and I salute and thank all who have stood watch past, present and those yet to serve and the families that support them. If those that make war, fought them, the world would be a more peaceful place.

Thank you for your service sir.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Seems odd that I get the day off because other people worked as*ses off in conditions I couldn't even imagine. Seems like I should have to work an extra day this week.
    Now there's a man that understands! I'd rep ya if I could...apparently I have to spread some around first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Now there's a man that understands! I'd rep ya if I could...apparently I have to spread some around first.

Took care of it for you.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Took care of it for you.
    Thank you!!

BUMP.....because it is important.

Thanks AGL for starting this thread.

I really too appreciate the service other are giving or have given to the great country, especially when it has involved sacrifices I myself never had to endure, such as their very life, or permanent physical or emotional injury.

I donít know how many other veterans feel this way, but I often feel a little embarrassed or guilty when someone praises or thanks me for my service because, even though I did volunteer and contribute what I was supposed to, and often more: I can never avoid the feeling that I got more value out of my service than I gave. For others who have suffered a permanent injury, I can see how that would not necessarily be true. But I actually feel thankful that I was allowed to contribute and that my service and my government actually took pretty good care of me and my fellow Marines when we were in harmís way. In any event, I came out stronger, wiser, and more conscientious than when I went it. I know thatís not always the case for all who have served, and for them I am truly thankful.

I was a dirt poor high school drop out when I joined the Army. I would not be the man I am today if I had chosen a different path. I learned how to be a man my mother could be proud of, graduated with a BS in aeronautics, FAA licensed pilot and mechanic, made life long friends. There was a cost, ex-wife, strained relationship with my kids. Harder on families IMHO. I do my best to thank Vets, especially Vietnam Vets, they were treated so poorly when they came home. I reach out to my Brothers and Sisters. I too feel that I received more than I gave. The other day a teenager flagged me down, he noticed my veteran plates and shook my hand and said thanks. First time I have had someone of his generation do that, brought tears to my eyes. I like to share time in the bush with vets, something healing about it I guess, no words needed you just understand each other. Today my wife and I spent time at the Old Soldiers Home, we will never forget those that served before us, now or in the future.
    Founding Member

I never served, at times I feel like I should have. I appreciate all that have and so serve our country, a big thank you to all veterans.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Stid, great pictures! Some of those were early on in the Iraq war in 2003 especially the one of highway 8 with all the Italian mines.

Yes Sir, I led a combat convoy from Camp Udari to Tikrit, when it started and flew missions from the Tikrit Airfield.
    Founding Member

I remeber Udari, we went out there to train for a week or so. Some great duststorms we had there. I was at camp Champion, Kuwait from mid February till near the end of March when we started moving North. Good thing we practiced PLF's and studied our Airborne objective every day just to drive north. Well anyways, thank you for your service! ATW!!

Yes Sir, I led a combat convoy from Camp Udari to Tikrit, when it started and flew missions from the Tikrit Airfield.

It's always good to talk to people who were in Iraq at the same time

Bad ass group of airborne sappers!

I'm sure tout remember these times...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast