Thread: Broken Fly Rod

Default Broken Fly Rod

I am looking for any one that might have a broken 3-4-5 wt fly rod with the broken part being the butt section with the top 3 pieces in tack. I have an idea to repurpose this. Give me a call @980-1780.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    I am looking for any one that might have a broken 3-4-5 wt fly rod with the broken part being the butt section with the top 3 pieces in tack. I have an idea to repurpose this. Give me a call @980-1780.
    George
    Try stop by a lodge or something similar, they always have broken rods in case they fit others, my son was lucky enough to get his rod tip replaced with a better one and it was the last tip to try and fit ;-). I also made an alaskan ulu for their client and they gave my son a 9' 9wt TFO lefty kreh sig series good deal lol

Good thoughts Jan, I have contacted fly shops but winter isn't the time we break our fly rods here. Although this winter isn't much of a winter here...

Tight lines,

George

George,
    Give Heidi Wilde a call at 907-947-0698. She guided last summer for Heath and Nanci, knows her way around a fly rod. She also has her own custom shop building fly rods.
    Tom and I are having her build our rods this year after seeing some of her stuff. In any event she told me to hang on to any broken parts and pieces for future builds. She might be able to help you out.
    Been a while since we've seen you, drop by Rainbowbend next time you're in King Salmon.

Best winter for fly fishing by far lol. Wading in the river in the beginning of January!!!

Salmonchaser,
    Thanks for the Heidi suggestion, I know her well, taught her fly tying and help her get in touch with Nanci for the job. She makes a great rod and is always excited to talk fishing and building.

Since I started flying directly to Igiugig I haven't spent any time in King Tuna...

Good to hear from you,

George

Excited is not the word for it. The girl is amazing, spent quite a bit of time with her last summer, really enjoyed it.